• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we retire Keep Pounding

Panthers Fan 69

Keep pounding has been around long enough and through enough that it is now part of the tradition of this team, whether they live up to it or not. 

I'm a St. Louis Blues fan, and midway through their Stanley Cup season they adopted the song "Gloria" as their mantra.  There is a story behind it that coincided with their climb from last in the league in early January to the playoffs and the championship.  That was a one-season thing, but the fans had a similar debate after the season.  Yes, it was their mantra to their first championship, but it was not a tradition.  Five months does not make a tradition.

Keep pounding is a tradition.

51 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

A fan telling another fan what to do let alone stop being a fan is the weakest poo of them all fella

and for the record. Unless you just live under a rock. It’s been pretty hard being a fan of this team. Heck, I don’t even watch full games anymore because it’s unwatchable at times. At least the Canes are good and they actually care about their fan base. Complete opposite of what Tepper has shown. 

I get your disgruntled about the team, but this isn't high school football where you don't get a sticker on your helmet until you do something good.  

Sam started "Keep Pounding" to remind everyone that no matter how bleak things are you gotta "Keep Pounding".  If anything, this is exactly why we should keep it.  We are struggling to be relevant again.

THE PANTHERS NEED TO "KEEP POUNDING"

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

it has emotional resonance and is tied to team history, which is cool, but objectively i see why someone without prior attachment to it would want it gone. "keep pounding" sounds anthemic of always losing but trying really hard not to. it implies failure as the starting point and winning as the variable.

it really just is not that great.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

What I find hilarious as when someone makes a thread and actually wants to have a conversation you get people posting “this thread is stupid” or the poster is stupid take it down. Yet they take time to post vs actually having a conversation. That shows your IQ. Thank you for the folks that actually wanted to have a legit conversation. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4