• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Burns practically a "lock" to be traded before the deadline

saX man

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well some of it could relate more to what 89 talked about.  He said 2 weeks ago is when he would do demanded out of Charlotte. 

so we likely have guys that want no part of a long rebuild.  There window is now

The window that keeps us noncontenders every season and having to rebuild every couple years trading off our best players and keep drafting not knowing if the top players will transition into the NFL or not.                            

I wonder if it is because he wants out? I was hoping we wouldn't do anything with Burns until after the season. Also ses early unless it is coming from Burns side and the attention he is getting from teams.

Hard to say no to multi 1st deal. We are in a rebuild or pre-rebuild now. This just seems way early for this move. How about RA first?

I could see why Burns wants out.  Snow   Dropping him back into coverage doesn't give him the opportunity to increase his sack total.  Sack totals = $$$$.  

Maybe he'll have a change of heart now that Wilks is in charge.   We still have some leverage with the Franchise Tag.  I'd hope we could resign him and not have to go that route but, if we really want to keep him Tagging may be an option. 

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I could see why Burns wants out.  Snow   Dropping him back into coverage doesn't give him the opportunity to increase his sack total.  Sack totals = $$$$.  

Maybe he'll have a change of heart now that Wilks is in charge.   We still have some leverage with the Franchise Tag.  I'd hope we could resign him and not have to go that route but, if we really want to keep him Tagging may be an option. 

Tag is $20 mil for DE this past year, will likely go up a tad.  The tag tightens things up as much as a new contract.  Will be VERY interesting to see how we maneuver this situation.

Burns is really good, but probably overrated by the fan base. If we can get a big haul to move him I say do it. I just don't think he's worth the massive contract it'll take to keep him.

You're talking about a guy who has never had double-digit sacks and is a big liability against the run. Unless we plan to switch to a 3-4 I'd just assume move on and take what we can get.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Tag is $20 mil for DE this past year, will likely go up a tad.  The tag tightens things up as much as a new contract.  Will be VERY interesting to see how we maneuver this situation.

Burns is a core player; we shouldn't let him go unless we get a really good offer for him.  Fitterer better keep in mind what Tepper said, "I never want to lose on a trade"

We'll see. 

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Burns is a core player; we shouldn't let him go unless we get a really good offer for him.  Fitterer better keep in mind what Tepper said, "I never want to lose on a trade"

We'll see. 

I'm just wondering how they get the room to keep him another year, sign a draft class and do practically anything else?

Even if we shed Robbie, Shaq, Elf, rework other contracts (which we already pretty much need to do to get back in the green), we're going to be really limited.  

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Feel free to post a legitimate article that has Brian Burns saying he wants out of Carolina.  All this ridiculous talk based on some twitter moron 

A moron on Twitter ? No way

dude is probably reading his BS get traction here and laughing away in his moms basement. Needs a good ass kicking. 

• Pie 1