• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Its been a rough five years as panthers fans, we all are in some level of fan frustration. That maybe a way hes trying to help you lower you levels. I know a year of complaining has done little good for the huddle. I rarely complain, but join a few of crybabing sessions, it was good to get some of that out. But daily, monthly, and now yearly?? Thats like hearing someone complaining about a restaurant that they always go to.... "I hate this place", pulls into parking spot.... 

Welcome to the internet social media and America in general. People live to complain. The human species is a mess. We can go on for hours about this but we all share blame. In the meantime I'll get back to hoping my football team doesn't get too embarrassed today.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Welcome to the internet social media and America in general. People live to complain. The human species is a mess. We can go on for hours about this but we all share blame. In the meantime I'll get back to hoping my football team doesn't get too embarrassed today.

You have the choice to evolve pass complaining. Each morning when you put your feet down, just ask yourself "Am I going to do like others and constantly complain or not". You still have that freedom, godspeed bro!!

22 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You have the choice to evolve pass complaining. Each morning when you put your feet down, just ask yourself "Am I going to do like others and constantly complain or not". You still have that freedom, godspeed bro!!

Yeah man I'm sure out of the other 31 teams in the NFL hardly anyone else is complaining about anything.

Edited by frankw

It seems clear our staff isn't trading him unless they receive multiple top picks or significant young players in the deal. Our staff is smarter than Huddle posters about it. So those of you saying we should take only a 3rd or 4th rd pick are just showing your lack of knowledge on the topic.

Since the Broncos were mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing if they would send Javonte Williams (2nd rd - significantly injured), Quinn Meinerz (3rd rd), and their 2024 1st/2nd round pick for CMC. They know with Wilson's contract and some of their other signings, they need to go for it now and Javonte's injury may have them willing to make this move. We end up with a top pick, a promising young RB that won't prevent our tank this year, and a solid interior linemen that can help bolster our OL.

Edited by ECHornet

I’m firmly in the camp of not trading McCaffrey. Obviously the game plan yesterday was too heavily skewed toward passing him the ball on screens because our QB situation prevented us from running a normal passing attack. But you saw what McCaffrey was able to do with all those touches. This type of use (obviously as a lower percentage of offensive plays, with an offense that also throws intermediate and deep to keep the defense honest and guessing) is how McCaffrey should have been used all along. When you look at that sort of offensive role, where McCaffrey is more of a WR that can also line up in the backfield, the contract doesn’t look so bad. And having him as an incredible weapon, perhaps along with a decent, at least functional offensive line, is really the only attractive qualities our offense has for a potential new head coach. I don’t think an extra first or a couple 2nds is going to provide more value for us to having him on the roster. Even if I had more confidence that the front office could select players in the draft that will be studs or major contributors with the picks we’d garner for McCaffrey in a trade, the trade would still really hamper our ability to construct a talented roster because all of the dead money. So when you combine those two factors, I say we hold onto him and try to restock the cupboard by trying to trade other pieces, even if the return won’t be as good. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Like I said, if we can get a first you couldnt say yes fast enough.

Jonathon Jones is reported that is the asking price.  A first or multiple picks

Unless it's expected to be a really high pick, i'd still consider it dumb to settle for just that.

There's way bigger News In that clip though.