• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones: Tepper now looking for "a young offensive mind"

Mr. Scot

Just now, TheCasillas said:

So I have been doing some All-22 research of Steichen, Dorsey, and Kellen Moore.... if I were to remove the jersey colors and numbers and just watch the formation and designs of the plays... I'd go Dorsey. However, I still like Steichen quite a bit, and you can tell last night he the guy running that team not Sirianni.

However, Steichen was ridiculed while coaching for the Chargers for not doing any misdirection or presnap motion ... and he still isnt doing much of it with the Eagles.

I'm really impressed with his gameplans and how they've varied opponent to opponent.  You don't see the same Eagles each week, he just uses his pieces to create mismatches and generate points however possible, opponent dependent.  With him now out of LA, Chargers are something like 29th in clean pocket DVOA.  Also just really appreciate the track record with Herbert and Hurts. 

Dorsey would be a fun reunion.  Will also be interesting to see how Ben Johnson responds to their last dud game once back from the bye. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So I have been doing some All-22 research of Steichen, Dorsey, and Kellen Moore.... if I were to remove the jersey colors and numbers and just watch the formation and designs of the plays... I'd go Dorsey. However, I still like Steichen quite a bit, and you can tell last night he the guy running that team not Sirianni.

However, Steichen was ridiculed while coaching for the Chargers for not doing any misdirection or presnap motion ... and he still isnt doing much of it with the Eagles.

What worries me with Dorsey is he still seems pretty heavily reliant on Josh Allen.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

I’ve never seen idiotic billionaires, you may not like him because he’s made some ownership mistakes but idiot lol

The comment is clearly context-specific and, based on ownership tenure thus far, accurate until proven otherwise.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Well it didn't seem to matter much with the Chargers and certainly hasn't with the Eagles so far. Both offenses we're among the most productive in the league.

And I still don't think Jalen Hurts is a true top-tier QB in terms of talent. I think it's similar to Jared Goff under Sean McVey; decent QB coached up to look much better.

You pair an offensive mind like Steichen with a true top QB prospect like Stroud, Young, or even Levis and we could really see something special.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I’ve never seen idiotic billionaires, you may not like him because he’s made some ownership mistakes but idiot lol

I've seen doctors who couldn't balance checkbooks, teachers who can't figure out their voicemail and engineers who are baffled by simple cooking recipes.

Being really good at one particular thing (like making money) doesn't guarantee you're good at everything.

And a quick look at the NFL, including the Panthers, would tell you pretty clearly it sure as hell doesn't guarantee you know anything about football.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

He is not an idiot. To make the kind of $$ that he has without a family trust fund or inheritance behind it proves he is not. Maybe not so good at owning an NFL franchise yet. He is no dummy. Needs to learn the ropes.

• Pie 2