• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Pats relationship with Mac Jones "gone sideways"

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2 things:  Rhule would have been given a longer leash with Jones and I think he probably would have won some more games with jones.  Mac isnt terrible per se, just limited

His limitedness does not match well with Rhule's issues and limitedness. I don't think we would have won many more games last year or this year, Mac would have been Carr'ed more than likely. I used serviceable because he isn't terrible just terribly limited. 

The way Rhule ran this team and how QBs always played their worst were a kiss of death. I think Jones would have looked like 2022 Jones and not 2021 Jones under Rhule. Jones needs to go somewhere incredibly friendly and with a really good D. Might be good enough to give the 49ers another Jimmy G effect with Lance busting for them. 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

their offense has only had 2 starters miss major time... 

1. Trey Lance
2. Elijah Mitchel

Now if you want to go a short period of time...

1. Trent Williams 

You are confusing their defense with their offense. The defense has been decimated with injuries but yet are still top 10 in the NFL. 

kittle

And losing Lance was huge.  They built the offense around him and he took all of the snaps in preseason as the starter

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

kittle

And losing Lance was huge.  They built the offense around him and he took all of the snaps in preseason as the starter

They won all of their games with Jimmy G at QB  went 1-1 with Kittle out (first two games of the year). Your comment of their offense being decimated is a bit off.

If Kyle was our coach and we had the one of the worst scoring offenses in the league, would you find that acceptable as a fan? Considering your coach has only had 2 winning seasons out of 6 seasons....

Just now, TheCasillas said:

They won all of their games with Jimmy G at QB  went 1-1 with Kittle out (first two games of the year). Your comment of their offense being decimated is a bit off.

If Kyle was our coach and we had the one of the worst scoring offenses in the league, would you find that acceptable as a fan? Considering your coach has only had 2 winning seasons out of 6 seasons....

They've lost their starting rb, LT, TE and QB.  Bro if thats not decimated then I dont know what is

• The D 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

They've lost their starting rb, LT, TE and QB.  Bro if thats not decimated then I dont know what is

They didnt lose those... lol. Kittle was back week 3, a game after the 9ers put  27 points on the board with Jimmy G at QB . That was their best scoring game of the year. Trent Willliams has missed the last 2.5 games. 

All of those players have not missed a single game together. You are cherry picking.

56 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They are a top 4ish team now in the AFC.  They are doing something right

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i know, but it doesn't make sense. are they that good or does everyone else suck so bad that they can do whatever they want and it still works?

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Their defense is really really good.  As is their running game.  Bill B has gone old school the past few weeks.

i just looked and they aren't ranked all that high. they are 3-3. they've won 2 in a row, but still kind of far down and about middle of the pack in power rankings. NFL has them ranked 10th in the AFC. both the bills and the jets have won more games and they lost to the dolphins so they are sitting last in their division. that's just weird.

i think we're so used to them being a powerhouse no matter what that we might haven't realized that they aren't anymore.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said it elsewhere: Justin Fields isn't doing CJ Stroud any favors.

Nope. I know it’s silly to hold someone’s college as a knock against them but I cannot understate how insanely talented Ohio State’s receivers are on a year to year basis. Those WR’s are elite & destroy their competition in that conference. They get beyond wide open & the QB just has to get it there. Kudos to Stroud for making the throw to the open man - but those windows shrink so much in the NFL and I truly believe that it’s a massive shock to those QBs when they get to the league. That’s why I didn’t like Fields coming out, he can’t see or read what’s in front of him. The Northwestern game where he struggled, they put NFL concepts on that tape and he stunk it up. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i just looked and they aren't ranked all that high. they are 3-3. they've won 2 in a row, but still kind of far down and about middle of the pack in power rankings. NFL has them ranked 10th in the AFC. both the bills and the jets have won more games and they lost to the dolphins so they are sitting last in their division. that's just weird.

i think we're so used to them being a powerhouse no matter what that we might haven't realized that they aren't anymore.

Against 2 of the worst defenses against the run too (Browns Lions)

2 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Nope. I know it’s silly to hold someone’s college as a knock against them but I cannot understate how insanely talented Ohio State’s receivers are on a year to year basis. Those WR’s are elite & destroy their competition in that conference. They get beyond wide open & the QB just has to get it there. Kudos to Stroud for making the throw to the open man - but those windows shrink so much in the NFL and I truly believe that it’s a massive shock to those QBs when they get to the league. That’s why I didn’t like Fields coming out, he can’t see or read what’s in front of him. The Northwestern game where he struggled, they put NFL concepts on that tape and he stunk it up. 

The thing about "scouting helmets" is there's typically a reason why it happens.

Take Florida State DEs for example. Their system has tended to use undersized "tweener" types who ended up drafted by 4-3 teams and looking bad in that role.

Likewise, some schools use a very limited route tree for their wide receivers (actually kinda common these days). As a result, you wind up with super productive college guys who can't understand their pro level assignments.

Basically, sometimes there's a reason for those reputations.

You have to look deeper.

• Pie 3