• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Pats relationship with Mac Jones "gone sideways"

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's so dumb.  Ohio State had Haskins who was a one year wonder and some mental issues and Fields who is in a terrible situation.  There has only been 4 total drafted in the first round one in 1941 (died in war before he even played), one in 1983 and then Haskins and Fields.  People are asking like OSU QBs taken in the first and busting happen all the time.  Not to mention judging a player by his school is just nonsense.  

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2022/08/05/ohio-state-quarterbacks-int-the-nfl/

>be qb
>get selected by the bears in the first round
>immediately die in action
yep, sounds about right

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer...

Now, the thought of trading for Jones is probably gonna cross someone's mind after hearing this, even if only for a moment.

I don't know that it should.

Why? Because what the Pats would ask is likely more than I'd actually believe he's worth.

Either way, when things are going "sideways" up in Patriot Land, it's always good for a chuckle 😄

I said I wanted Bailey Zappe over anyone else in the 2022 NFL Draft as far as QB's we're concerned. The dude threw for 63 touchdowns in FBS in one season. He torched App State (sadly) and Michigan State with his comparatively poor supporting cast.

Now look at him. I also wanted Parsons over Horn. I wanted the Alabama tackle over Ickey. 

I hate being RIGHT GOD DAMNIT.

• Pie 1

We don't want Mac Jones. History doesn't repeat but it often rhymes. 

Drew Bledsoe was traded to the Bills after being replaced by Brady. Was there for 3 forgettable years which he obviously hated, always whining and complaining. Went to Dallas, was average at best, and retired in 2007 when replaced with Romo. Teams should pay attention to Belichick when it comes to QBs.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I said I wanted Bailey Zappe over anyone else in the 2022 NFL Draft as far as QB's we're concerned. The dude threw for 63 touchdowns in FBS in one season. He torched App State (sadly) and Michigan State with his comparatively poor supporting cast.

Now look at him. I also wanted Parsons over Horn. I wanted the Alabama tackle over Ickey. 

The Alabama tackle over Icky?

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Zappe would look like garbage here probably

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Agreed with all of it.