• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

since we can’t score, i think every player already knew that. i think this is a good move for both parties. CMC has had trouble staying in the field, so we got some solid value for him while we still can.

But how do you create a place players want to be with a move like this. These are their futures we're talking about. Mailing it in for 10 games can have a huge impact on them and their next contract or if they even get a look from another team in FA. This is sending the wrong fugging message. Burns, Brown, Chinn, DJ. I would expect them all to want out. These guys play to win. Tepper has only accomplished one thing in Carolina. Losing. 

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

if you’re upset about getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th for a guy who sees the field for half a season, i don’t know what will make you happy. we’ve drafted well the last couple of years, we should get good value for those picks.

Outside of Jeremy Chinn (2020 round 2)  and Brady Christensen (2021 round 3), tell me a what players currently on our roster chosen in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th, have given us a "good value" in terms of a significant impact on the playing  field since we drafted James Bradberry in round 2 of the 2016 draft. 

On paper the extra picks sound good, but I just don't see us nailing each pick in 2023. If we end up with 3 or 4 JAGs then this trade will be a massive failure outside if clearing cap space. And, what good is cap space if the players you pick don't make the team significantly better?

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

And watch... this weekend Foreman will put up similar numbers as CMC, then you'll see the, "that's why you don't pay big bucks on RB's" comments.

I’m for the trade just to be clear but those type of comments come from madden players who watch Panther games and not the actual sport.

no DC is going to scheme and shift around for Forman even if he puts up the same numbers. Other offensive players won’t be getting open, finding gaps and mismatches because foreman is on the field…even if numbers are the same. Forman isn’t making anyone pay dearly for not doubling or spying him. 

That’s the difference.

Edited by onmyown

25 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Vikings

giants

cowboys

packers

eagles

Easily your top 5. Bucs will automatically get into the playoffs bc of the NFCS. Only one team gets out of the west and that is whoever wins the division. 

49ers dominated a much better Packers team in the playoffs last year (and that Packers are coming off a blowout loss at home to the Jets). LOL at the Giants - their luck won't continue. Vikings are Fools Gold and you really trust Kirk Cousins in the playoffs. I'll give you the Cowboys and Eagles but they are in the same division so one will be seeded lower than 4.

The 49ers would be favored against all of those teams at a neutral site except maybe the Eagles

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure who you're reading. I'm seeing loads of analysts from all over saying we robbed the Niners.

He is referring to the talking heads on the networks who are hyping it for the 49ers. True analysts understand this may benefit the Panthers more in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But how do you create a place players want to be with a move like this. These are their futures we're talking about. Mailing it in for 10 games can have a huge impact on them and their next contract or if they even get a look from another team in FA. This is sending the wrong fugging message. Burns, Brown, Chinn, DJ. I would expect them all to want out. These guys play to win. Tepper has only accomplished one thing in Carolina. Losing. 

Exactly! 

Make it make sense!

I really didn’t think they’d find a trade good enough for him but I guess this fits their bill. It’s a good haul, great even, but will it be enough to replace CMC here? No. I’m not thrilled about it and I probably won’t be until the draft order is finalized at the end of the season. 

But…. I am glad they are embracing the tank FINALLY. This is what they should have been doing from day 1 of Tepper’s regime. Collect a bunch of draft capital and start from scratch with a good head coach and a shiny new QB. It’s happening now. 

• Pie 1