• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp… Stroud is the guy, right?

Are we really sure none of the other bottom feeder teams will be able to out suck us for the top pick? I mean I realize firing your head coach and trading away your only offensive weapon are strong opening moves in that direction, but I wouldn't count the Lions out just yet. They have tons of experience at being awful. Who are the teams we might screw up and beat with a few key plays breaking our way?

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Stroud is my preference for now. Definitely looks different from the OSU QBs before. Reads the defense well, goes through progressions, throws an absolutely beautiful ball, evasive in the pocket but not a runner.  Looks like the one.

Young looks like a playmaker but not only is his size a concern but his game also has the biggest potential to not translate of the two in my opinion. I haven’t seen any others that even warrant conversation. Definitely not Levis from what I’ve seen so far. 

Levis is a guy that has been on a flat plane so far this season.  He's doing nothing to really deter scouts but nothing to rocket up as QB1.  He's got mad potential, mechanics are there, arm, athleticism, attitude, grit, etc....but you watch his games and I'm like waiting for him to really show "it".  And it just seems so flat.

Then you take a step back, assess, see his overall makeup and get hyped.  It's kind of a Daniel Jones feel for me and I just don't know. Makes me more nervous than Young honestly but I'm fluctuating back and forth.

Stroud really shows a lot and doesn't have the physical question marks.  The only thing is the Ryan Day system if fluid year to year and is tailored to the QB.  So it's a different offense than what Fields had.  Thing is Stroud's ball placement is elite.  Not college elite, but just NFL elite.  His arm is probably a tier below the grand slam dudes like Allen and Pat, but he's just got the most well rounded game in the class.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Are we really sure none of the other bottom feeder teams will be able to out suck us for the top pick? I mean I realize firing your head coach and trading away your only offensive weapon are strong opening moves in that direction, but I wouldn't count the Lions out just yet. They have tons of experience at being awful. Who are the teams we might screw up and beat with a few key plays breaking our way?

thats why baker and darnold need to stay on the bench for 11 more games.

Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure

1 minute ago, davos said:

Levis is a guy that has been on a flat plane so far this season.  He's doing nothing to really deter scouts but nothing to rocket up as QB1.  He's got mad potential, mechanics are there, arm, athleticism, attitude, grit, etc....but you watch his games and I'm like waiting for him to really show "it".  And it just seems so flat.

Then you take a step back, assess, see his overall makeup and get hyped.  It's kind of a Daniel Jones feel for me and I just don't know. Makes me more nervous than Young honestly but I'm fluctuating back and forth.

Stroud really shows a lot and doesn't have the physical question marks.  The only thing is the Ryan Day system if fluid year to year and is tailored to the QB.  So it's a different offense than what Fields had.  Thing is Stroud's ball placement is elite.  Not college elite, but just NFL elite.  His arm is probably a tier below the grand slam dudes like Allen and Pat, but he's just got the most well rounded game in the class.  

Go back and watch Levis from 2021. We had a much better OC at Kentucky. Liam Coen. He’s with the Rams now, but he really flashed Will’s potential last season with his play calling. Kentuckys offense has really taken a step back year and it can mainly be attributed to play calling. 

• Pie 2

Just now, davos said:

I agree with everything you said. Levis doesn’t look bad, just nothing I saw really impressed me. I’m much more interested in what I see during game time than measurables.

Young reminds me of Watson, good and bad (on the field).  From what I’ve seen of Hooker he is the epitome of one read and run QB. No thanks.  I watched a couple games worth of videos and never saw a single second read. Helluva athlete though. 

Stroud just looks like the total package, but he also had a superior system and weapons so I try to filter that out and focus on his decision making, throws (placement, touch, anticipation), and things that are independent from those. With most guys you’ll either have the “he’s got superior weapons” argument or “he hasn’t played anybody/cupcake division” argument because of a team is going against top tier teams then they’re going to be a top tier team too, weapons, system and all. 

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I agree with everything you said. Levis doesn’t look bad, just nothing I saw really impressed me. I’m much more interested in what I see during game time than measurables.

Young reminds me of Watson, good and bad (on the field).  From what I’ve seen of Hooker he is the epitome of one read and run QB. No thanks.  I watched a couple games worth of videos and never saw a single second read. Helluva athlete though. 

Stroud just looks like the total package, but he also had a superior system and weapons so I try to filter that out and focus on his decision making, throws (placement, touch, anticipation), and things that are independent from those. With most guys you’ll either have the “he’s got superior weapons” argument or “he hasn’t played anybody/cupcake division” argument because of a team is going against top tier teams then they’re going to be a top tier team too, weapons, system and all. 

You must not be evaluating with the same glasses.  Stroud is a product of a good OSU system.  He has all the tools but I don't see him using them all the time.  I watched some of his videos and one thing that stood out to me was some of his passes just kind of float out to his WIDE OPEN receivers.  I've seen him zip passes but I've also seen them float.  If he does that in the NFL he'll get a lot of picks.

I haven't watched Levis yet so I'll give my POV later.

I wouldn't be upset with Young, Stroud or Hooker.  All have strong skill sets and all have question marks.  IMO none of them are surefire franchise QBs.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You must not be evaluating with the same glasses.  Stroud is a product of a good OSU system.  He has all the tools but I don't see him using them all the time.  I watched some of his videos and one thing that stood out to me was some of his passes just kind of float out to his WIDE OPEN receivers.  I've seen him zip passes but I've also seen them float.  If he does that in the NFL he'll get a lot of picks.

I haven't watched Levis yet so I'll give my POV later.

I wouldn't be upset with Young, Stroud or Hooker.  All have strong skill sets and all have question marks.  IMO none of them are surefire franchise QBs.

I’ve watched a bunch of Stroud videos including all three of JT OSullivan’s QB School videos and the only passes I saw float were the ones that were intended to float to drop in over a defenders head. He doesn’t just throw to wide open receivers, he makes throws in tight windows, with great touch over defenders’ heads, zips passes in on crossing routes and comebacks with great anticipation. He makes all the throws and looks the furtherest thing from a system QB that OSU or most any school has produced.   

I’ve also watched pretty much every video for Young, Levis and Hooker. They have legit concerns, more real than just “his school hasn’t produced good QBs in the past”.