• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Trade Grades

UNCrules2187

6 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You swing and miss sometimes. It happens. We needed picks and to get rid of that contract. 

Yeah.  I'm ok with it and think it is good compensation.  Like anything you have to sell, you want to get more out of it, but I think it's a good deal if you can make some of those picks work and draft well.  

• Beer 1

All these writers and analysts talking about us needing to make a trade or somehow move around to draft one of the big 3 QBs coming out this year.....as if we're not by far the worst team in the NFL and will almost 100% have one of the top 2 picks in the draft. 

• Pie 6

When is the last time we got a decent haul for any of our star players who were aging out or on a bad team staring down a rebuild? I can't remember anything significant. I feel encouraged that Fitterer is out there making things happen, and that Tepper has given him the freedom to do so. 

I'm happy for CMC. I don't think he's going to pull a Matt Stafford and win a SB with SF, but he'll be near his family and friends, and he'll be on a team that's competitive during his remaining prime years. I hope he breaks all kinds of records NEXT season, AFTER we've spent their 2023 draft picks. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You swing and miss sometimes. It happens. We needed picks and to get rid of that contract. 

That was a very predictable bad trade.

This trade was just making the best of an initial mistake(CMC contract) and the fact that you had a competitive player that wanted to go win somewhere.

I was actually shocked we got the haul we did for him. 

• Pie 9

The fact is (as usual), some Huddlers were way overrating what was considered an acceptable return for CMC. A first rounder was not especially realistic given the teams that really wanted him and thought that he could put them over the top. That being said, we got decent compensation that allows us a measure of maneuverability and flexibility if we so choose. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The fact is (as usual), some Huddlers were way overrating what was considered an acceptable return for CMC. A first rounder was not especially realistic given the teams that really wanted him and thought that he could put them over the top. That being said, we got decent compensation that allows us a measure of maneuverability and flexibility if we so choose. 

I think some Huddlers are as mistaken as our organization has been for years in regards to NFL RB open market value. 

This was a great return. Never gonna be able to replace what CMC's beings to the table but he wasn't in a position to help make us successful in our current state.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LegioX said:

I hate to see CMC go, but it was a great pickup. We need to horde all the draft picks we can muster for the new HC.

Draft picks in quantity does not guarantee we can get any top players that will transition to the NFL and become stars. 

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think some Huddlers are as mistaken as our organization has been for years in regards to NFL RB open market value. 

This was a great return. Never gonna be able to replace what CMC's beings to the table but he wasn't in a position to help make us successful in our current state.

This team does get high impact players from time to time Like JStew and CMC but it seems like a once in a blue moon thing.

5 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I was high on Peters as well. But are these moves more him or Lynch?

No idea but it's not a great move for them IMO. They went hard for a QB and it's not going well. This just feels like doubling down or someone is sitting on a hot seat. Just feels weird and off to me on their end.

Guilt by association is  real thing and those people are going to have to answer for their moves and why they are not doing better than they are at the end of the year. Just getting into the playoffs isn't enough for that crew anymore.

• Pie 4