• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Whatever you say, Mr. Tarheel. Please tell us more about Drake Maye's super bright future! And how if ONLY Sam Howell would be given a chance to start, and how Mitch Trubisky has been given a raw deal.

For someone who doesn't care about college football, you sure do talk a whole lot about it...

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

For someone who doesn't care about college football, you sure do talk a whole lot about it...

I'm just not obsessed with it. I dp pay attention to it. I'm not even an NFL-first sports guy. MLB is my bag. As a kid I followed Auburn with a passion until I learned following a sports team with passion is silly.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Whatever you say, Mr. Tarheel. Please tell us more about Drake Maye's super bright future! And how if ONLY Sam Howell would be given a chance to start, and how Mitch Trubisky has been given a raw deal.

you’re seriously taking smack about a 5th round rookie not starting? if his preseason play is any indication, Howell has the goods.

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

you’re seriously taking smack about a 5th round rookie not starting? if his preseason play is any indication, Howell has the goods.

Ron Rivera is playing one of his long-time mediocre vets over a promising young player? I'm shocked. Not like Panthers fans haven't seen that story play out over and over again.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

First, I agree we will probably take a QB in round one as QB has been such a PIA for us the last couple of years.

That said, we will have a true QB competition this spring and into training camp.  It is going to be a wasted pick if Corral beats him out.  

We do need a backup. And if either guy (Corral or Rookie QB) ends up our guy its a win. 

All I read from people on this board was ‘2022 had no QBs. They weren’t worth it and to wait for 2023 class ‘

well, here it comes and your beloved Panthers are right there for one of them and one of them will be picked which one depends on the HC hire and OC preference 

if you loved  Corral, as I did, he isn’t going anywhere but to me he was the best of the not great.   He will compete with the draftee from this year 

Probability it is likely going to be between Stroud and Young. 

pick one.  Be happy.

I’m sure most of the Huddle prognosticators missed on Newton as well 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 4

32 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

There’s not gonna be a generational talent in every draft… also a lot of good/great players weren’t considered all world talent coming out. 

Marino was mentioned earlier, but he was not considered a lock, either.  His senior year at Pitt was his weakest year (if I remember right, there was a coaching change before his senior year that might have been the real cause).  There were also rumors of a drug use that got legs and caused him to drop to pick 27 and Miami, behind five other QBs,

So there is no sure thing and where the huge talent will be drafted is pretty random.

That said, at some point you have to pull the trigger and make the decision based on your scouting and best assessment about what is available. The 2023 draft is that time.  Hell, the 2021 draft was that time, except I think their scouting and best assessment was that nobody other than Lawrence, Wilson, and maybe Lance were worth it.

Even so, needing a QB is like needing a car: if you need one so badly you had to take an Uber to the car lot, the fact the exact car you want is not on the lot doesn't matter much.  The old saying that perfect is the enemy of good applies.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Bo Nix 17/20, 207, 3TDs in the first half, against a much better defense than Iowa. 

Iowa had only allowed 3 passing TDS all year going into this week. Penix Jr threw for four against UCLA like two weeks ago. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Iowa had only allowed 3 passing TDS all year going into this week. Penix Jr threw for four against UCLA like two weeks ago. 

Yeah, I am looking at Sports Reference, and by overall defense they had Iowa as #3 and UCLA as #47.  In passing defense, they had Iowa as #3 and UCLA as #88, all by yards.  I'm not seeing how the UCLA defense is better Iowa's, much less "much better."

Granted, yardage is not the be-all-end-all, but those differences are pretty big.

• Pie 4