• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There's a lot of people saying picking number one doesn't mean much...

Mol3m4n

We are pretty clearly taking a QB no matter where we pick in round 1.  If we win enough that we're around 8-15, then I see us trading up to get one.  Simple as that.  There's as of now, 3 (maybe 4) high first round QBs so I'm not going to waste the time getting frustrated if we're sitting at 1 one week, 4 the next, etc.

12 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

I only have one name to say in relation to this argument, and if it wasn't for him a franchise would have been stuck in mediocrity with Blaine Gabbert.

#1 overall pick, 2011 NFL draft- Cam Newton

Sometimes the tank is worth it in order to have the choice of the guy you want. Poo me all you want on this post, but I'm sorry that I don't want to watch another failed retread get us to 5 wins again next year with no hope in the next year either. 

Not true, they could have taken Von Miller AJ Green plenty of others that QB class was super weak after Cam.....

This team has never truly escaped mediocrity no back to back winning seasons and no super bowl championships.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

There's 4 QBs in this draft I would be good with. 

The cam Newton year, he was the only one (I mean after luck reconsidered). I wanted nothing to do with yo Gabba gabbert at any point in that season. It was cam or nothing.

That's not the case this year.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

i agree. people who say the number 1 pick doesnt matter are not very knowledgeable of the game. having your pick of the litter could be the difference between like u said cam or blaine.. or payton manning and ryan leaf... Get your guy first and not pick off the leftovers.

I wonder if the Bears felt the same way about Trubisky or the Browns about Baker....

19 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

I only have one name to say in relation to this argument, and if it wasn't for him a franchise would have been stuck in mediocrity with Blaine Gabbert.

#1 overall pick, 2011 NFL draft- Cam Newton

Sometimes the tank is worth it in order to have the choice of the guy you want. Poo me all you want on this post, but I'm sorry that I don't want to watch another failed retread get us to 5 wins again next year with no hope in the next year either. 

So I assume you want to lose out so we can get that "Franchise QB" that we are so longing for?

The hell with playing to win, working hard to get better.  It's all about that mystic Super Bowl winning QB.

I want a QB that can be a 10 to 15 year starter as much as you but, I cannot support nor believe a franchise, Carolina or anyone else tanking for a draft pick.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1