• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shoutout to Bozeman

philit99

I don’t get why people are saying elf was great. He was okay. He was also constantly on the ground and I’ve see a few plays where he got in the way of a run and caused the runner to get tackled. Not to mention the botched snaps.

also Bozeman is a lot bigger than Elf, 6’5, 311 which means he’s going to be a force to reckon with. He is probably a way better run blocker.

• Beer 2

Just now, trueblade said:

So why not make the change the week before when PJ was starting against LA?

Not sure. I didn't realize that Elflein was on IR, I thought Bozeman just got promoted. 

I obviously have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I could see Wilkes, a defensive guy, not wanting to mess around with a O-line that was playing well together going into last week. And Elf hasn't been bad, just kinda blah.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

How did the autocorrect let that through??

Either way, Brady will need to be a future upgrade. He will be a good backup in the future but he is not suited to being a power blocking OL. 

Cade Mays could probably leap him, I think he was at RG mostly in preseason but he played everywhere in college

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cade Mays could probably leap him, I think he was at RG mostly in preseason but he played everywhere in college

Mays seems like he is suited to be a potential as a starter or at least a quality backup. I hope so, anyway. 

Still need to invest a couple of picks on the OL this offseason again. Build some exceptional depth.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Mays seems like he is suited to be a potential as a starter or at least a quality backup. I hope so, anyway.

Barring injury and provided they keep performing well as a unit, we probably won't see any changes along the line this season for the sake of continuity.

But if they were to decide to try Mays as a starter, left guard is considered the easiest position on the line to play.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could see him as a utility backup.

100%.  Our modern Hang'man

A quality line has finally emerged in the Carolinas.  Been forever, hope they continue to trend upwards.

That just makes so many people's jobs easier.  If we can only figure out this QB and Head Coach thing...

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Still need to invest a couple of picks on the OL this offseason again. Build some exceptional depth.

I would almost always draft a big OL in the later rounds, maybe even 2. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not real big on the PFF stuff, but for those who are...

I’m really glad Ickey is improving as the season progresses but I really wonder how much better our run blocking would be if we switched him to LG and moved Christensen back to his natural spot @ LT? 

Damn you, Rhule and that ridiculous debate about Christensen’s arm length!

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I would almost always draft a big OL in the later rounds, maybe even 2. 

That’s what quality teams do. OL depth is critical especially for those that  rely heavily on the run game. The OL coach from our 1st SB run said you should draft at least one OL every offseason but we got away from that over the years. Good to see this become a priority again.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1