• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Panthers team might be a hard team to beat going forward

panthersgreenville

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont gamble but just saw on the athletic we are getting 6.5 points for sunday?  What the fug?  What am I missing as that sounds like the easy bet of the year. 

whats odd is that the Falcons are getting 4.5 for the Thursday game...image.png.87d9d06e65da20c4892eb0af504a067f.png

Edited by TheCasillas

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

The Bucs are a deeply flawed team this year and they were facing a wild card. Still crazy we beat that defense and it's a good thing to see but... We may be facing winning enough games to get knocked out of the top 10 while having a deeply flawed team at key positions. Winning some isn't our friend this year. 

Seriously, where are the Panthers deeply flawed... outside of QB?  B/c I've watched this team since the beginning, and it has been evident to me that this roster was far too talented for the crap product Rhule put on the field.

Rhule sucked as an NFL coach, and he bungled QB about as bad as possible, but he did ok rebuilding the awful roster he inherited.

The Panthers are light years better in the trenches than 3 years ago.  That is not insignificant.  Cam would have loved to have this offensive line and skill position group (even with CMC gone), b/c it's better than what we normally gave him.

Obviously, nothing trumps getting QB right, but it's simply not true that this team has a deeply flawed roster.  And losing CMC obviously hurts (although Foreman & Hubbard looked fine), but Robbie was addition by subtraction.

I was worried about TE & LB, but the LBers have played well even though not elite.  We could still use another TE, but Thomas is a good blocker, and hopefully we will continue to develop Tremble as a pass catcher... most TE's take some time.

Is this roster on par with the Bills or Chiefs?  Of course not. 

But I vehemently disagree with the notion that this roster is a trainwreck but it's not.  

And as we start getting some competent QB play, that fact will continue to become more apparent.

• Pie 5

32 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No just saying the people setting these lines don’t think highly of the Panthers chances

Vegas is based on perception... they want to split the bets and put the money line where they think that will happen.

The national perception is still that the Panthers don't want to win and the line reflects that.  Start winning some more and the perception (and thus the line) will change.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if I'd go that far.

We'll likely win some games, but I'd hold off on buying the playoff tickets just yet.

I don’t believe we’re world beaters but we have the talent to win. We basically fall in line with the Jets/Giants IMO with Wilks coaching a serviceable qb (based off yesterday) and a strong defense which gives a chance to win every game. Being that we weren’t playing some of our talented players which should help us win let’s say half the games left and winning the South lol crazy at seems. If we win this week get you playoff tickets money ready.

21 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

That's why good coaching who make great personell decisions are vital to winning in this league. 

You can't be swayed by fandoms wanting you to play their heros, you can't be swayed by contracts, you've got to put who gives you the best chance to win. And the last 2 seasons PJ has looked the best Qb on the roster the few times he got to play. 

This comment sums up the difference in our season we aren’t a great team but if you really watch you know there’s so much parody in the league most games come down to a few good decisions by a coach. We’ve simply lacked that for 2 1/2 years and we all know his personnel decisions were horrendous. IE BC’s arms are a little short for LT the next year he could be our starting LT let him battle it out with a pure stud top LT taken. That kind of decision making was just out right comical and slowed down development for all players.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say it could still be as high as top five.

How can you say that?  We are clearly a playoff time riding a winning streak of one in a row.

We won a game yesterday that nobody had us winning coming into the season, and probably didn't have us winning 48 hours ago.  But, the Bucs are not what they were two years ago.  Still, those are the kinds of games we have to win.  One of my (many) complaints when Rhule was coach is that we didn't know how to win.  We may have gotten a crash course in that yesterday.

Still, it was one game.  The Falcons have had a better season and been more competitive than a lot of people thought coming in.  They may fade, but they should not be taken lightly by a 2-win team.

It is a good sanity check for us.  If we can post a win against a team we should beat (their 3-4 record aside), then we can talk about progress.

• Beer 1

It will now be a lot more fun to watch but I wouldn't go more than harder to beat going forward. 

We are still on path to pick top 5. Run the ball, play good D and pray. That is our gameplan and it is beatable. It is a lot better not being the gimme game on every other team's schedule.  One win and people are losing their damn minds. I was at the game so I know I missed a lot but this much hype for this team just screams reality check needed...or incoming. 

Just now, Waldo said:

It will now be a lot more fun to watch but I wouldn't go more than harder to beat going forward. 

We are still on path to pick top 5. Run the ball, play good D and pray. That is our gameplan and it is beatable. It is a lot better not being the gimme game on every other team's schedule.  One win and people are losing their damn minds. I was at the game so I know I missed a lot but this much hype for this team just screams reality check needed...or incoming. 

Felt like the first time this team has scored 3 offensive TDs in a single game in about 5 years