• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Win or Tank?

Zod

With the way the Bucs game played out last night, I’d like to see the Panthers win the division. From a pure shock factor, seeing Wilks and Walker lead the Panthers to the playoffs after the start that we endured would be incredible.

Would I like to have a chance to draft Stroud, absolutely, I think he has the best chance to be a franchise cornerstone out of all the QB’s in the draft. With that said, he could always bust too, you just never know with these guys.

So at this point I’m fine with either scenario… sucking proud for Stroud or winning for Wilks. I’m comfortable enough with the upside of Hendon Hooker that if we manage to sneak into the playoffs and end up picking around 20th, that I wouldn’t mind taking him.

I’m just glad that we are still somehow playing meaningful football right now.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

The way I look at it we're going to draft a QB next year high in the 1st round regardless. The only question is do we have to give up a bunch of picks to trade up to get him or do we end up picking top-3/5 from the start.

I'll never root against this team; it's just not in me. But I can't help but to feel like it's by far in our best interest to not have to give up a bunch of picks to trade up for Will Levis, C.J. Stroud, or Bryce Young.

At this point I guess I'm just along for the ride. It'll be what it ends up being. At least Rhule is gone.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Winning 5 or 6 games this season would only hurt us going forward. Which is why I’m all in the on the tank. This season is lost. Unless you are so blinded by homerism you think PJ Walker can actually lead us to the playoffs. 

You realize this is the most likely scenario. 

Its possible that PJ is one of the best QB's in football each week, but unlikely.

Unless the FO gets rid of more players, and they don't have much time to that, we're winning 5ish games.

Too early to tank.

If we win 8 or 9 games, that means we've won 7 or 8 out of our last 12.  That will be as good a run as about anyone in the NFC, meaning we should expect a competitive playoff game at home.

We'd probably still lose and pick 19th, but with our core in place and the picks we now have, I think we'll be in position to continue to fine-tune.  There will be a good QB in the 10-20 range and we will have ammunition to move up a few spots to get him.

It will be nice to play meaningful games in December again and put off the draft talk to January or so.

Just need SF to continue to lose.

I'm so tired of loosing I just want to win. I'm to the point where I'm almost fine drafting Hooker. Or grab Mccall, Cam Ward, AR15, Penix Jr, Hall or someone in the 2nd and let them battle out with Corral. Also wouldnt be shocked if people got scared of Bryce's size and he fell to 8-9. Maybe package next years 1st and San Fran 2nd to move up.