• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud and Penn St

DaveThePanther2008

Stroud is a one trick pony... he can throw the ball...with a good pocket ...thats it...hes slow...he can't run....consistent poor decisions in the passing game.....hes a total bust in the NFL.. Praying bonehead isnt enamored with him like Fields.  If we pick Stroud...i'm prolly gonna get kicked off the Huddle..

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Stroud is a one trick pony... he can throw the ball...with a good pocket ...thats it...hes slow...he can't run....consistent poor decisions in the passing game.....hes a total bust in the NFL.. Praying bonehead isnt enamored with him like Fields.

Not sure where you are getting the idea that he makes poor decisions in the passing game… that’s inaccurate. Within the concept of the called play, his interception % was 1%… the lowest in college football… his well thrown percentage and his passing efficiency are each in the top 10.

He struggles when the play breaks down a bit but so do all college QB’s.

Every QB in this class has some sort of flaw so it’s going to be more about what these QB’s can do than what they can’t do.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not sure where you are getting the idea that he makes poor decisions in the passing game… that’s inaccurate. Within the concept of the called play, his interception % was 1%… the lowest in college football… his well thrown percentage and his passing efficiency are each in the top 10.

He struggles when the play breaks down a bit but so do all college QB’s.

Every QB in this class has some sort of flaw so it’s going to be more about what these QB’s can do than what they can’t do.

You see something different than me....yes... qb's have some sort of flaw...be he has the most...hes' bailed out by the OSU system....hes a true bust...i might feel different if he had some guts...

6 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

You see something different than me....yes... qb's have some sort of flaw...be he has the most...hes' bailed out by the OSU system....hes a true bust...i might feel different if he had some guts...

You see something different than what the numbers say…

The numbers say that he does struggle under pressure… as you mentioned… his interception% jumps to 5% when he’s under pressure and his completion percentage hovers around 50% when he’s under pressure.

I won’t deny that, that’s something that he’ll need correct at the next level.

However, from a pure thrower of the football. Within the realm and the scheme of the play, there’s not a better passer of the football. His passer rating, passing efficiency, adjusted completion percentage, well thrown percentage, his interception %, etc… all within what is considered the realm of the actual play (meaning clean pocket, no breakdowns, etc.) are the best in college football.

Edited by MillionDollarCam