• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Don't mean to re-hash old news but there was zero guarantee he would've been available.

sure hindsight is hindsight but we didn't know that at the time.

Oh know I get that, but he was sitting there at 8 and all we had was a big question mark in Darnold.  You draft the QB and let him sit behind Darnold (NOT picking up his 5th year).  Once Darnold poo the bed we could have been working Fields into the offense. Hindsight is 20/20 but many posters on this board felt the same way at the time.

37 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

This year's QB class is looking to be historically bad... Pickett is a turnover machine ala Bortles and Willis can't complete a pass, meanwhile we got one of the best LT in the NFL already....I'd say they made the right decision kicking the can another year

2020... Neither Fields or Mac Jones (or Wilson...or Lance) look to be great QB's. 

I don't know.   Good prospects go to horrific teams and people are closing the doors on them after 1 year and some change.  That class isn't close to be in a position to judge IMO.  Some are already on their 2nd offense through no fault of their own. 

Trevor Lawarence's team has held the lead in every game in the 4th quarter but 1 this season.  He is young.  Makes young QB mistakes.   It's glossed over how competitive they have suddenly emerged.  

and Fields is showing signs of growth too.  Especially as they slowly start doing things with him on offense, they should of been doing day 1. 

They didn't walk into situations like Mahomes or Allen did.  Herbert too. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yes but why would we as fans value them differently? Cause there are fans on this board making that argument. And that is stupid.

Acknowledging that’s how GM’s view picks (not just Fitt, but the Rams GM too) means…

…more picks need to be in the trade. A fans value of a pick is irrelevant. The way GM’s value picks is highly relevant. 

Does pointing this out make me, others, and/or the concept itself stupid? You seriously think that?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Greg Hardy still out there waiting to be picked up and put up 40 sacks.

I'm less concerned about Hardy himself than I am the creepy guy who always used to post about him.

He had a habit of showing up every time Hardy's name was mentioned.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Lol you'd rather have a woman beating scumbag over a 24 year old star in the making

Lol you're like if Matt Rhule were a Huddle poster

Greg Hardy punished people when he hit them. Greg Hardy could play the run. Greg Hardy averaged .79 sacks per game to Burns' .56 sacks per game. You're damn straight I'm taking that production. 

I expect Burns to make plays. I expect 15 sacks a year from him. I expect him to make game changing plays like Lamar Lathon chasing down Michael Irvin from behind and snapping his collar bone.

Burns doesn’t produce. Especially in crunch time. How do you not see that?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Zappy said:

2024 / 2025 firsts though?

Burns hasn't even hit his prime

We don't know that.  This could be his prime.  This could be his peak. 

I'd argue every Panther great DE entered their prime about year 4/5.   Some just maintained longer.  Like Peppers.  Peppers.  Rucker.  Big Money.  

22 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I respectively disagree with Verge.

That's is their value if you need to cash the assets right now.  But they are an investment.  They will appreciate over time.  And right now we have a little time as this is a lost season. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Greg Hardy punished people when he hit them. Greg Hardy could play the run. Greg Hardy averaged .79 sacks per game to Burns' .56 sacks per game. You're damn straight I'm taking that production. 

I expect Burns to make plays. I expect 15 sacks a year from him. I expect him to make game changing plays like Lamar Lathon chasing down Michael Irvin from behind and snapping his collar bone.

Burns doesn’t produce. Especially in crunch time. How do you not see that?

Scott Fitterer and the Rams org are both smarter than you, go yell at a cloud

• Pie 1