• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballFocus Mock Draft has Carolina Picking at 3 - Will Levis

Varking

58 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

"He just needs to improve his accuracy" this is not good 

These kind of reports/assessments is what scares me about a prospect. Granted Josh Allen is the anomaly and improved his accuracy but Darnold had turnover issues at USC and it followed him to the NFL. I'd rather choose a prospect who is consistently accurate and work with them than someone who has shown "flashes"

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'll go with PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-pfn-mds-week-10-2022/

3) Carolina Panthers: Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama

With the top two quarterbacks off the board, Panthers fans look to bolster their defense. After keeping Brian Burns through the trade deadline, they add Will Anderson Jr. in this 2023 NFL Mock Draft. An absolute game-changer, Anderson could be an instant impact player for Carolina.

Anderson may not have as much of an impact as a quarterback, but he’s a player that can make offensive coordinators rethink their plan of attack. Like his teammate above, he’s most likely ready to prove that his team is still a playoff contender. I can only imagine how terrifying that will look.

Would rather that than Levis. Then trade back up into the first and get the best QB available. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

No thanks to Levis, what makes him so much of a better prospect than Mayfield and Darnold when they came out? I don't doubt that he has the physical tools but he hasn't won the tough games and looked exposed against TN. I would much rather pick Will Anderson. 

Give me the pass rusher who is a sure thing over a potential project QB all day. We already have Corral, if we suck next year again we take Drake Maye in 2024, problem solved.

• Pie 2

The thought of Carter next to Brown or Anderson off the edge >>>>>> Levis.

As others have said, if Stroud/Young are unavailable, you stack the D with another franchise cornerstone and figure out QB afterwards.

Cooper Rush, Jimmy G and Huntley are all UFAs and maybe Corral could still be the guy. Draft a guy like Richardson and stash him for a year or two to hone his skills under a competent OC. 

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

That's what I am afraid of. That Tampa game costing us a top two pick and then get a QB who might be Ryan Fitzpatrick on a good day...

If Stroud and young are gone, it needs to be BPA. I wouldn't use a 1st rounder on any of the other QBs 

I would but not our first. Trade back up in the end of the first for that 5th year option if Richardson or Hooker are sitting there 

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

The thought of Carter next to Brown or Anderson off the edge >>>>>> Levis.

As others have said, if Stroud/Young are unavailable, you stack the D with another franchise cornerstone and figure out QB afterwards.

Cooper Rush, Jimmy G and Huntley are all UFAs and maybe Corral could still be the guy. Draft a guy like Richardson and stash him for a year or two to hone his skills under a competent OC. 

We will have successfully returned to mediocrity if that happens

• Pie 1

Listen: I'd go Anderson in this scenario also. But I've missed so badly on QB prospects over the years, if we do invest in Levis early in the draft he still has my full support. He's clearly drawing intrigue from the entire league. And I have to remind myself those actually working for NFL teams know a million times more than I ever will, regardless of what these draft "guru" types say.

• Pie 2