• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinion: top 2 QB's are gone..

Jmac

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We can't go into next season with Walker and Corral as our options at QB - that's suicide. I agree with not reaching if you don't like these QBs, but Maye could very easily be the next overhyped Freshman / Sophmore that flames out when it matters.

He’s not. He’s the best QB prospect in college football this year and will be the focus of many NFL tank jobs next year. 

22 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

He’s not. He’s the best QB prospect in college football this year and will be the focus of many NFL tank jobs next year. 

To be fair I've only seen him once, which was live at Hard Rock Stadium and he should have thrown 4 INTs.

I'm sure he's brill though. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me watch the rest of the season to see how the rest of the QBs shape up. I mean, Stroud today vs. 1-7 Northwestern isn't exactly looking like a surefire All-Pro.

It would have been hard for John ELway to look good in those conditions. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

To be fair I've only seen him once, which was live at Hard Rock Stadium and he should have thrown 4 INTs.

I'm sure he's brill though. 

You watched one of his worst games in his first year as a college starting QB. I think it says something that one of his worst performances still racked up over 360 total yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

He’ll have his learning moments as a young QB. With that said, I think he’s over 30TDs now with only 3 INTs. 

• Beer 1

Step one is to get the right coaching staff so they can pick their guy. Everyone thought Lawrence was a pro ready, can’t miss QB coming out of Clemson. Obviously he is still young, but he is not performing up to expectations so far. And Doug Peterson is an outstanding offense guy….

Zach Wilson also not doing great. Who knows about Trey Lance but so far not too good. 
I think a lot of these QBs success is tied into having the right coaches that can build a system around their strengths. Josh Allen fell into the Bills and they surrounded him with great coaching. Same with Tavares Jackson. Of course they have the talent but you also need coaching and be put in the right situation.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, thennek said:

Trey Lance  

There aren't a whole lot of excuses for Lance. He went to a stable franchise, with a quality staff in place, and got to sit on the sidelines behind an adequate starter instead of being pushed out on the field day 1. He just might be a bust, but he had such a small sample size of college games on the resume that I can see why it may be a shot and a miss for the Niners

• Pie 2

the narrative with stroud in nfl circles is absolutely going to be he found a way to take care of business in the rain, definitely leaning on him showcasing a portion of his game he doesn’t usually utilize 

i honestly think this will probably help his stock 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

the narrative with stroud in nfl circles is absolutely going to be he found a way to take care of business in the rain, definitely leaning on him showcasing a portion of his game he doesn’t usually utilize 

i honestly think this will probably help his stock 

Yeah they wanted to keep the offense on the ground so he actually ran a little too. Can’t argue with the results.  

50 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

It would have been hard for John ELway to look good in those conditions. 

Not a bad point, but go back and watch Stroud's other games. He doesn't handle pressure well at all. He's not used to it since he almost always has the more talented team around him. He also gets happy feet if his first read isn't there a lot of times.

Young seems to be the only QB in this class worth a top ten pick if you're willing to take the chance on his size.

• Pie 1

Corral was ALWAYS a reach (as a long term starter for fans to bank on not where he was drafted, bad wording choice on my part). He can compete in camp and may surprise us but we need to take a QB in the first as long as one of the good ones is left.

Edited by mav1234