• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Frank Reich fired

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Reich lived in Charlotte for a period of time before going back to the NFL as a coach. His kids are still here.

He also played for the Panthers as a QB and I believe he threw the first TD pass in franchise history in 95.

At the very least I have a strong feeling Reich interviews for the job. Although I like Steve Wilks, I’m not sure he’s the right man for the head coaching job because this team needs long term stability on the offensive side of the ball to develop a QB. We really don’t need a bunch of turnover at OC like we saw under Rhule. Having an offensive head coach is the best way to solve that IMO

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, hepcat said:

At the very least I have a strong feeling Reich interviews for the job. Although I like Steve Wilks, I’m not sure he’s the right man for the head coaching job because this team needs long term stability on the offensive side of the ball to develop a QB. We really don’t need a bunch of turnover at OC like we saw under Rhule. Having an offensive head coach is the best way to solve that IMO

I agree. I’d be real interested to see who he would bring in to run the defense. I really hope we’ll get someone to help our young studs reach their potential and return to playing at a high level.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Luck’s timing to quit football in August vs at his last game of the season, hurt his  franchise and Reich 

getting a qb is something that has to be planned for and it seldom is even,  when teams have time to prepare 

and because they don’t, the franchise gets crippled 

Carolina has been mediocre because of this throughout its history,  same mistake over and over again   Qb doesn't pan out or is broke down, Carolina always waited too long to address it … just a’wishin and a’hopin that Jake’s elbow and Cam’s shoulder wouldn’t be shot and Collins wasn’t a drunk and Weinke would be something he could athletically never be 

New Orleans is in the same place now  so is Tampa when Brady goes and Rivera reaching for Wentz with the Commanders 

nfl teams should be like British royalty, a heir and hopefully a spare 

don’t have a Qb?  It becomes the coach’s fault, right or wrong 

I said it when Rhule passed on Fields or a damned CB, in the NFL, if you ain’t got a QB, you ain’t got nothing.  

Said Qb has to at least be threatening with something,  be it arm, legs or a quick read brain 

Absolutely have to be able to take a shot on QBs. I would rather go the rookie route, usually and especially given our situation.

(Edit: this is for the offensive HC people)

I just had a football epiphany: we need to hire Tom Brady to coach the Panthers. 
Let Leftwich coordinate. Or not. Doesn’t matter who really. Just get him someone he can work with. 

Brady is about the ultimate competitor. I have never posted anything praising Brady in my life trust me I hate the Patriots and their ‘way’ and all of it. But I watched him drive TB for the late win against LA and that guy knows offensive football. He is a man amongst boys on the field as far as understanding the game in real time. 
You want clock management and 2 minute efficiency to the finest degree, not HC buffoonery? I think that is your man. Everything he does on the field seems purposeful. Thinking a tstep ahead. 

I think he may be at a crossroads and if he jumps the football lifer way it could be the right time to move. He can’t play forever. He knows it. If he doesn’t go back with Giselle it ain’t like there are no hot female football fans in the Carolinas but I digress. If he doesn’t give up the football life he probably can’t go back to his marriage.

If there is a window there when this transition is in process we need to stick our heads through it and get with him. 

Okay I am nuts right? I’d do it if I had the chance. 

Edited by stratocatter

23 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

(Edit: this is for the offensive HC people)

I just had a football epiphany: we need to hire Tom Brady to coach the Panthers. 
Let Leftwich coordinate. Or not. Doesn’t matter who really. Just get him someone he can work with. 

Brady is about the ultimate competitor. I have never posted anything praising Brady in my life trust me I hate the Patriots and their ‘way’ and all of it. But I watched him drive TB for the late win against LA and that guy knows offensive football. He is a man amongst boys on the field as far as understanding the game in real time. 
You want clock management and 2 minute efficiency to the finest degree, not HC buffoonery? I think that is your man. Everything he does on the field seems purposeful. Thinking a tstep ahead. 

I think he may be at a crossroads and if he jumps the football lifer way it could be the right time to move. He can’t play forever. He knows it. If he doesn’t go back with Giselle it ain’t like there are no hot female football fans in the Carolinas but I digress. If he doesn’t give up the football life he probably can’t go back to his marriage.

If there is a window there when this transition is in process we need to stick our heads through it and get with him. 

Okay I am nuts right? I’d do it if I had the chance. 

I would be entertained.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, Prowler2k18 said:

I agree. I’d be real interested to see who he would bring in to run the defense. I really hope we’ll get someone to help our young studs reach their potential and return to playing at a high level.

Riech picked a pretty good DC in Eberflus, but he's a little busy right now. Our resident expert on coaching connections is @Mr. Scot. He might know some names Reich could bring in on the defensive side and if Reich would have someone he might prefer over Campen and Tabor. Personally, I'd like to see us retain Campen and Tabor regardless of who the new HC is.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

Riech picked a pretty good DC in Eberflus, but he's a little busy right now. Our resident expert on coaching connections is @Mr. Scot. He might know some names Reich could bring in on the defensive side and if Reich would have someone he might prefer over Campen and Tabor. Personally, I'd like to see us retain Campen and Tabor regardless of who the new HC is.

I'll check it out. Just off the top of my head, I'd imagine he could potentially pull from his former staff with the Colts or maybe even reach back to some of his prior connections with Doug Pederson's staff in Philly.

One thing I feel pretty comfortable saying: He's probably not gonna reach out to Jeff Saturday about calling plays 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/9/2022 at 10:01 AM, hepcat said:

No argument...

• 10 months later...