• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brugler: Next year's quarterbacks "not universally loved"

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

And even then there’s no telling really. I think we all thought Lawrence would be an absolute home run and he’s been extremely average so far. Not to say he won’t become elite but the trajectory doesn’t put him there currently. It’s just simply the hardest position to assess.

I didn't like his accuracy in college and that's carried over to the pros.

Every year there are QBs who people think are going to be sure-fire studs, but bust. Sure, some pan out, but many just flat bust. 

Every year there are QBs who few thinks will amount to much, but who end up being really good, sometimes elite. 

Matt Corral might fall into the second category....but he also might not.

A guy we draft next year might fall into the first category, or he might be a stud.

Contrary to how brilliant any of you think you are, contrary to how brilliant any draft in thinks they are, and contrary to how brilliant a GM or HC might be considered...no one really knows until the damn games are played.

It's all a crapshoot. But it's a crapshoot you've got to get in if you want to win the bigger game. So what do you do? How do you win a crapshoot? You keep shooting until you win it. You don't stop. You don't settle. You keep shooting until you win what you're wanting to win.

Do we go with Corral or do we try again in '23 or do we try in '24? The answer to all of them is yes. We give it a go with Corral, but we also draft best QB available (or who we hope is) next year in case Corral isn't it, and if it doesn't look like either guy is it next year, we try for the best choice in '24.

Point is, we HAVE to hit it with the right QB and to find him, we have to keep trying to find him until we do.

There is no other way.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Every year there are QBs who people think are going to be sure-fire studs, but bust. Sure, some pan out, but many just flat bust. 

Every year there are QBs who few thinks will amount to much, but who end up being really good, sometimes elite. 

Matt Corral might fall into the second category....but he also might not.

A guy we draft next year might fall into the first category, or he might be a stud.

Contrary to how brilliant any of you think you are, contrary to how brilliant any draft in thinks they are, and contrary to how brilliant a GM or HC might be considered...no one really knows until the damn games are played.

It's all a crapshoot. But it's a crapshoot you've got to get in if you want to win the bigger game. So what do you do? How do you win a crapshoot? You keep shooting until you win it. You don't stop. You don't settle. You keep shooting until you win what you're wanting to win.

Do we go with Corral or do we try again in '23 or do we try in '24? The answer to all of them is yes. We give it a go with Corral, but we also draft best QB available (or who we hope is) next year in case Corral isn't it, and if it doesn't look like either guy is it next year, we try for the best choice in '24.

Point is, we HAVE to hit it with the right QB and to find him, we have to keep trying to find him until we do.

There is no other way.

I've always said that if you don't have a franchise QB and you think there's a potential franchise QB on the board, you have to take him. Don't even think about playing the value game. Take the damn QB. It's impossible to overdraft a franchise QB.

• Beer 2

I just want to see if Corral translates to the NFL, IF he does we've got a keeper.

McAdoo talked about Matt Corrals "unique skillet". Let's see that. He's got some great tape from Ole Miss. Great stats. Gumption, mobility, release, accuracy. 

To pass up on elite defenders for a "what if" is very shaky business. Keep in mind, I was pissed when they drafted a LB in the top ten. Boy was I wrong on that one.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I just want to see if Corral translates to the NFL, IF he does we've got a keeper.

McAdoo talked about Matt Corrals "unique skillet". Let's see that. He's got some great tape from Ole Miss. Great stats. Gumption, mobility, release, accuracy. 

To pass up on elite defenders for a "what if" is very shaky business. Keep in mind, I was pissed when they drafted a LB in the top ten. Boy was I wrong on that one.

The thing is McAdoo will not be here next season.  So there's that wrinkle in the plan.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've always said that if you don't have a franchise QB and you think there's a potential franchise QB on the board, you have to take him. Don't even think about playing the value game. Take the damn QB. It's impossible to overdraft a franchise QB.

Yeah, definitely don't piss around. Don't second guess yourself just keep swinging and hope you pull it off at some point.

1625423407216.gif.4e53f0bd36586b60d7997f15470a53d8.gif

Well well, look who is copying my words/thoughts. Ive been on a center sun hot about QBs predictions.

ALLLL those who are claiming Cam this and that, use your fuging brain. Number one- he already had the body of a 5th year TE vet. Number 2- He carried the whole team on his back nearly single handed to a national championship. Number 3- you dont need any more.

The Op is an indication that while there are a lot QBs available like last season, there is again no clear #1. I've always argued on the validity of Will Levis being the top QB in this draft. His combination of size 6'3", weight 230lbs, running/trucking ability, arm strength put him above Stroud and Young as NFL ready in my book.

Levis (my bandwagon QB this year) just like KP last draft is flipping the whole table because even with the new OC and the bad game against TN his completion percentage has yet to dip below 68%+. He's doing work. He's doing it on a non football powerhouse squad much like Matt Corral. Him and his ragtag bunch.

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The Op is an indication that while there are a lot QBs available like last season, there is again no clear #1. I've always argued on the validity of Will Levis being the top QB in this draft. His combination of size 6'3", weight 230lbs, running/trucking ability, arm strength put him above Stroud and Young as NFL ready in my book.

Levis (my bandwagon QB this year) just like KP last draft is flipping the whole table because even with the new OC and the bad game against TN his completion percentage has yet to dip below 68%+. He's doing work. He's doing it on a non football powerhouse squad much like Matt Corral. Him and his ragtag bunch.

I think you and Mel Kiper are the only guys left on the Levis bandwagon