• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to turn on Fitterer

TheBigKat

Not trading Burns was a brain dead move. The money he is going to command will be ridiculous and will keep us from signing other guys that can help. The contract we have to give him will be CMC level stupid when we could have had 3 high picks on cheap rookie contracts. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

41 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

We will never know how much of this has to do with Rhule. He had roster control. 

Please note the Huddle will only apply this logic to moves that are questionable. Any move generally considered to be a good one will be attributed to Fitterer.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont think this is the case at all. I think this is people looking at this after seeing the results. People would have lots their minds if we drafted an off the line LB at 8. 

But people love to play the 'I would have drafted x player..." game so there is that... 

Not that anyone cares, but I put on my social media that we would regret passing on Fields on April 29, 2021.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

At first I thought, wow what a breath of fresh air in comparison to Hurney / Gettleman

Horn pick, very high for a corner and the majority of folks on here wanted Parsons. Micah is on his way to being DPOY in year 2

Trading for Gilmore/Henderson- this team was not ready to compete. Gilmore came as a 1 year rental for no reason and Henderson is a JAG. That’s costly draft capital

signing Jackson/Thomas- these guys are nowhere close to the contracts they received 

Not trading Moore- a solid #2 who isn’t a stud #1 WR to a team that is sitting at 3-5. We basically would have had a top 12 pick for Moore

Not trading Burns- a guy who is Osi Umenyoria who will be paid as the highest paid DE here soon and has never posted double digit sacks. Getting 2 firsts and a second from a team that’s falling off the Cliff talent wise and under .500, this would have been two top 12 picks and a high second for the Panthers

I give him a pass on Mayfield- we didn’t spend a lot on that experiment 

i give him an A on Eke

overall my opinion of Fitterer is unfortunately fading as the next coming of Ozzie Newsome and more so of a Thomas Dimitrioff

Rhule had roster control.

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's been a week now if anyone wants to spend the next several months all the way up to the draft shouting at clouds over the Burns trade that's their choice but I'm good on all that. It didn't happen move on.

I mean I agree with the sentiment...but it's funny cause there's literally a 22-page thread on the front page with people lamenting over passing over Justin Fields a year and a half ago, yet you draw the line at one whole week for the Burns non-trade.  I don't see your "it didn't happen move on" energy over there.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, blackcat said:

I'll give him credit for CMC and Anderson.  I'd would've kept Moore, but I would've had a moving van at Burn's house quicker than you can say 'Deal!'.

i would have kept Moore, too, largely because I don't think the goal is to rip the thing down to the foundation and rebuild.  I understood the point of those who would have jumped on it, since the Packers' draft position seems to climb by the week with no hope of falling. 

I was mildly against taking what I think was the initial offer on Burns, the firsts in 2024 and 2025.  When the Rams added the 2023 second.......sold.  I've seen people push back because they could be late round picks, but not the Rams team I've seen, with the cap situation they created going "all in" to win last year.  Those picks are more likely to be top third in each round than bottom third.

• Pie 2

I didn't know it was GB's 1st for Moore. Damnnnnn

Meh he didn't have an impressive resume and he looked like the likeable but not extremely talented guy up in Seattle when they were doing poorly in the draft and overspending for the wrong talent. They actually look better since Fritterer came here. We could do better but I'm not sure Tepper could at this point. There isn't anyone except Morgan in the FO that I wouldn't be sad to see go away at this point. There is zilch that he has done or experienced that leads me to believe is capable of being a traditional non-yes man GM at this time IMO. 

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean I agree with the sentiment...but it's funny cause there's literally a 22-page thread on the front page with people lamenting over passing over Justin Fields a year and a half ago, yet you draw the line at one whole week for the Burns non-trade.  I don't see your "it didn't happen move on" energy over there.

You mean to tell me people want to talk about how we possibly took a corner over a young franchise QB?

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

49 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The cmac and burns trade (and probably the moore one as well) are the first major tangible (non)moves that we can tie to fitt.  Its something that we can track as good or bad in regards to him.   No matter what happens now he is going to be matched up with not taking that. 

When the rams tank for the next 3 years he is going to look like an idiot.  When the packers have a top 10 pick this year he is going to look like an idiot and there will be no matt rhule to blame.

The cmac was a no brainer

The moore trade was debatable but he probably should have done it

The Burns trade isnt even a debate.

The draft capital he could have walked with could have set us up nicely for a true rebuild

Trading Moore for a first round pick was a nonstarter. Not only is he worth more than that from a market perspective, when you consider the cap hit that came with it for us, it just didn't make any sense. So, no, Fitt shouldn't have done that. 

I think he absolutely should have pulled the trigger on Burns, but Burns is young with plenty of trade value. His stock didn't start or end at the trade deadline. 

• Beer 1