• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith: "Evan Cooper wasn't qualified to have a job"

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Nothing you say is truth.  Smith did more in the last week than you will ever do.  Go away loser 

Here you are calling a man who will be a Hall of Fame WR a shitty person.  So stupid.  Hide in your mothers basement and feel safe

feel free to ignore my posts if you feel that way

I guess you are a touch illiterate as well as I clearly said he was a great football player but being a shitty person has nothing to do with being a hof player.  And a "your moms basement" is a sick burn bro.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

feel free to ignore my posts if you feel that way

I guess you are a touch illiterate as well as I clearly said he was a great football player but being a shitty person has nothing to do with being a hof player.  And a "your moms basement" is a sick burn bro.

Grammar man…your punctuation tells me who I am dealing with here

Yeah, Smitty wasn't perfect and might be an asshole as a teammate or in general at times, but that doesn't necessarily make him a terrible human. Rae Carruth was a terrible human. Perhaps Aqib Talib, but certainly his brother, is a terrible person. Smitty did some bad things as a younger and immature man, but he's matured. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I watched Smith at a few OTAs just verbally abuse Dwayne Jarrett on the field and it was allowed by the coaches.  Not just once--all day long for several days.  I even told Jarrett to not let it get to him, and he--with a grimace and tight lip, slapped my hand very hard.  Smitty was in his head.

You could argue that Jarrett deserved it, but you could also argue that Smitty may have contributed to his failure as a player.  Think about it--how may WRs drafted or brought in after Smitty prospered here? 

So I am not sure Smitty would be coaching material.  He's an asshole.

Pressure builds Diamonds.

You either rise to the occasion or you get the phuck out.

I applaud Smitty. I don't want any fragile snowflakes on this team. And I don't tolerate them on my work team.

24 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Pressure builds Diamonds.

You either rise to the occasion or you get the phuck out.

I applaud Smitty. I don't want any fragile snowflakes on this team. And I don't tolerate them on my work team.

If you're constantly yelling / screaming / negative / whatever, It loses its effectiveness because people tune you out.

And that's everybody, not just "snowflakes".

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I watched Smith at a few OTAs just verbally abuse Dwayne Jarrett on the field and it was allowed by the coaches.  Not just once--all day long for several days.  I even told Jarrett to not let it get to him, and he--with a grimace and tight lip, slapped my hand very hard.  Smitty was in his head.

You could argue that Jarrett deserved it, but you could also argue that Smitty may have contributed to his failure as a player.  Think about it--how may WRs drafted or brought in after Smitty prospered here? 

So I am not sure Smitty would be coaching material.  He's an asshole.

Yeah great player but definitely not a leader or coach. JR canned his ass for that exact reason with Cam. They didn't trust him to not fug up his progress. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

Of course not…lol

Steve Smith:  Hall of Fame player…misunderstood person.  Very insecure 

Quite possible.  Without his "chip on his shoulder" he would not have been the player he is.  It is not like the odds were ever in his favor.

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Yeah great player but definitely not a leader or coach. JR canned his ass for that exact reason with Cam. They didn't trust him to not fug up his progress. 

I used to take a few days every year to go watch OTAs before they had the bubble and blocked the fencing.  Smitty really did not seem to have any relationship with any player--except John Kasay--which is an odd pairing but they used to warm up together, talking the whole time.  I never saw Smith "chatting" with any other player.  It is an odd pairing, until you think about it in depth--then it sorta makes sense.

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

Here you are calling a man who will be a Hall of Fame WR a shitty person.  So stupid. 

Not getting into the actual argument itself….but being in or not in the HOF has nothing to do with a person being shitty or not.

there are horrible people in the HOF. there are horrible people in every sports HOF.   There are horrible people every niche and breakdown of people you can name. 

• Beer 1