• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How bad does PJ need to play to be removed as starter?

AlphabetsEnd

13 hours ago, BrianS said:

No.  He's not.  A good backup takes care of the ball and makes safe decisions.  The very things PJ doesn't do.

Teddy Bridgewater is a good backup.  He doesn't win games, but he doesn't throw them away either.

This!

There are basically three kinds of backups.

The most common is somebody who protects the football, is not likely to win many games on their own, but is also not going to lose games the rest of the team has worked hard to win.

The second is the future starter who is not yet ready and is learning from the bench while the vet is starting.

The third is the former starting vet who has been replaced by the guy who is no longer the "future" starter, and is either waiting to go elsewhere or finishing out his career.

None of those describes PJ Walker.  None of them describe Darnold, either.

59 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

People drafted DJ Moore in FF knowing full well Sam, Baker, and PJ were the QBs?

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

He was a stud in fantasy in 2020 and 2021 with Bridgewater and Darnold. I won the Super Bowl with him in my lineup last year. McAdoo is awful.

Edited by frankw

I can honestly say I don't really care at this point who is starting. It's going to be so up and down no matter who is slinging the ball, results won't be much different than they are now. 

I'm much more interested in who is the QB next year and I don't want it to be PJ, Sammy, or Baker. I'm done with all of them. I've seen everything I want to see and I don't want to see anymore.

• Pie 5