• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I guess he's just trying to be supportive, but I think it was Nick Wright that said it.  Missing on a 1st round QB doesn't set your franchise back for years.  It's refusing to move on that sets the franchise back.

Yeah, not that the Cardinals have worked out much better, but they had no problem taking Kyler after Rosen was an obvious bust. No one really criticized anything about that other than Wilks getting a bum deal as a one and done HC. 

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I guess he's just trying to be supportive, but I think it was Nick Wright that said it.  Missing on a 1st round QB doesn't set your franchise back for years.  It's refusing to move on that sets the franchise back.

Yep. Whiffing on a 1st round pick sucks but it's not the end of the world. Doubling down on a mistake just continues to set you back further. Kinda like not firing Matt Rhule at the conclusion of last season.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, neither has a QB. But the Giants look to have a legit coach now and might just be a QB away from making some real noise. Then again "just a QB away" is still a long way away given it's the hardest roster piece to find. Still, they look to have something to work with as an organization.

Meh - Giants had lost 4 of their last 5 before being handed a win by the refs last week.  Daboll is flailing down the stretch.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs altogether by losing their final 3 games 

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Meh - Giants had lost 4 of their last 5 before being handed a win by the refs last week.  Daboll is flailing down the stretch.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs altogether by losing their final 3 games 

Flailing? Daboll has done all he can. Without his coaching the Giants would not be where they are right now. Given credit where it is deserved. 

• Pie 3