• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The draft board are now pretty much locked.

Snake

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yea I’ve accepted we won’t get #1 or 2. Good news is we aren’t set up to win next year either. New HC hopefully new GM, no QB. No worthwhile FA QB is coming here either, we’ve seen that story.

It’s just strange to me how many excuses fans come up with to justify not tanking. There isn’t a qb worth it. It’s not guaranteed. Loser mentality…blah blah. 

This franchise average wins for five years straight, a half decade is like 5.5.

5 fuging games. Out of 16 and 17.

We need hope, we need to invest in a QB. Trade the farm for a top pick if we don’t tank. SOMETHING.

Panthers just solidified the worst stretch in almost 30 year history. Since inception, they are the worst they’ve ever been for the longest time period. Our stadium has NEVER looked so bad even with PSLs and business wine and cheese owners. The franchise is literally dying.

And yet some are jus nonchalant about tanking or even taking a chance lol. How do yall convince yourselves to cling to nothing it’s crazy.

Why get upset about either outcome? There is absolutely no control or influence that can come fanside. If they win a couple of games, they win a couple of games. If they lose out, they lose out.

I'm endlessly pleased they beat Atlanta. For me, no season is a total waste when there's a win over Atlanta. I no longer live in the state, but I'm originally from Charlotte. Not Matthews, or Concord or Gastonia. My entire life, Charlotte was always called "Little Atlanta" and it's quite satisfying seeing any Atlanta team lose. ATL stands for All-Time Losers.

They've put in work trying to get a qb, and it's not been what any of us hoped. They will continue to put in work to get a qb. I don't think we have to worry that the same qbs will be here next season and the names are just changed to throw us off. The starting qb next year will not be Damn Sarnold or Faker Mayfield.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

While I understand the worries of the draftniks, I think it's overblown.  

First off, we still don't know who the consensus "best" will be.  Sure we have an idea, but the combine, prodays and interviews are still to come.  We've often seen guys come out of no where because of these events.  

So who are the BESTS franchise altering guys?  Is Stroud better than any QB over the last three years?  Young for that matter?  How does Anderson rate on the edge scale?  Is he better than Burns?  

Let's look at Dane Brugler's midseason draft prospect rankings:

https://theathletic.com/3751194/2022/11/02/nfl-draft-2023-rankings-midseason/

Who is going to push us further?  May one of the QBs, which are again a hit or miss proposition/coaching issue.  Do we need tackle?  DL top 10 again?  Another CB?

If we end up with #3, I'd happily trade down into the 10-13 range.  Collect a bounty and still snag a top flight player.

Let's not pretend there are any sure shots in the NFL draft, or that we know all the answers today.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Snake said:

The Falcons win really screwed us for the #2 spot. Both the Texans and Raiders will not win another game. 3rd is the best we can do now. Any wins will more than likely have us picking in the 10 to 12s. God I'm ready for this season to be over with. ☹️😭

Respectfully, this is dumb.  There is absolutely no way to know this.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yea I’ve accepted we won’t get #1 or 2. Good news is we aren’t set up to win next year either. New HC hopefully new GM, no QB. No worthwhile FA QB is coming here either, we’ve seen that story.

It’s just strange to me how many excuses fans come up with to justify not tanking. There isn’t a qb worth it. It’s not guaranteed. Loser mentality…blah blah. 

This franchise average wins for five years straight, a half decade is like 5.5.

5 fuging games. Out of 16 and 17.

We need hope, we need to invest in a QB. Trade the farm for a top pick if we don’t tank. SOMETHING.

Panthers just solidified the worst stretch in almost 30 year history. Since inception, they are the worst they’ve ever been for the longest time period. Our stadium has NEVER looked so bad even with PSLs and business wine and cheese owners. The franchise is literally dying.

And yet some are jus nonchalant about tanking or even taking a chance lol. How do yall convince yourselves to cling to nothing it’s crazy.

I agree with much of what you are saying as far as the stadium looking pathetic with all the whine and cheese punks as well as our stretch of sucking with one or so good years then suck for years.

I also agree with your saying we need to take a big chance on a big QB or something like that. We are totally in the same page there as well. The only area we don't probably agree on is the tanking. I don't necessarily want to lose every game on purpose and sit there rooting against our team while getting angry when we win. That's depressing to me. Jacksonville did not intentionally but technically by their records tanked many seasons with many 1 or second overall picks and still sucks. There are good QB's that could be found outside the top there picks I truly believe. 

The rest of it I'm totally with you and see exactly what you are trying to say. Maybe we take a chance on a big proven QB who could be had for a high draft pick or something to that degree? 

Something needs to be done as our philosophy has not been working or successful for a number of years now outside an outlier like 2015. I'm not onboard with tanking but I am on board with taking a serious chance on making a drastic aggressive move to obtain some sort of franchise difference maker to keep us competitive for years to come.

Have any of those top draft QBs we're looking at actually changed the trajectory of their whole program?

If not, then chances are they can't do it here, either. 

There's a reason teams with high draft picks are often teams with high draft picks year after year. They keep begging for a miracle and playing the lottery assuming that someday their number will come in.

• Beer 1

Just a FYI since I left this thread to marinate. We haven't had a good QB since the last time we tanked. We didn't get our guy Luck either. We got a QB with talent and a bad history. Drafting high isn't about the first pick. It's about 2-4. Those rounds you have position to pick up guys who dropped or trade down to get more talent. This team doesn't need one good player but a bunch. That's why I want to draft high. 

1 minute ago, Toker Smurf said:

The ‘league parity’ thing sort of seems to be backfiring this year. There aren’t many very good teams. There is like, one good game per week. 

I'm waiting to run the wins and losses numbers for the entire league to see how the NFL can possibly have more losses than wins.  It sounds impossible, the wins and losses should be equal, but seeing how this season has unfolded it may be Goodell's gift to football fans.

And yes, this is tongue-in-cheek.  But it does not feel like it.

2 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

CJ Stroud is not as good of a prospect that Justin Fields is and we passed on him. Bryce has all the tools, but is the size of a slot WR. I would not be mad if we did not draft a top qb in this draft and took the bpa. All depends who is coaching in 2023. 

The Texans are more than likely going to take Stroud either way. Young is too small and not ridiculously freaky at running or anything else to overcome that. This year has more talent in the back end than the top. I would have no problem trading back or picking Anderson Jr. 

Just stop looking until the end of the year. Watching our pick placement is like watching water come to a boil, it is pointless and a waste of time.

Lets talk at the last game of the year. We will be picking in the top 10. That is close enough to make a move if there is one to make.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1