• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former NFL executive picks his top QB...

Mr. Scot

...and it's not who you'd expect.

From the article...

I did an impromptu poll with four NFL scouts I trust, and three of them told me he was the best quarterback in the draft. One NFC scout told me, “This [season] is an audition for him to go to a poor NFL team. He proved he can take a beating and keep getting up.” Added another NFC scout: “It is a miracle that he keeps playing every week after all of the hits he takes. He is more banged up than people think — much more.”

Levis has all of the tools NFL teams look for. He has the arm, size, toughness, intelligence and enough athletic ability. He runs an NFL offense at Kentucky and can manage a huddle, which many people discount. When studying Levis, there are some ugly games; that has been the history of Kentucky football. As an evaluator, you have to look at what surrounds the quarterback and who they are playing week in and week out.

Almost every time Levis steps on the field his teammates are inferior to the ones on the other team, which is a big deal. If you are the quarterback at Alabama you are protected by future NFL offensive linemen, you are throwing to future first-round draft picks and you are handing off to NFL-type running backs.

I have been in NFL draft rooms where the discussion around a quarterback from a top-5 school is seen as a negative because they never get hit and never feel stress. An NFL game is all stress and conflict. Levis will be more prepared for the NFL than if he played for Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

When will the excuses stop for this guy lol. Sucking on a bad college team will prepare him to suck for a bad team in the NFL? That's a new one. 2 months ago it was "The only QB running a pro style offense". If it was him adjusting at the line etc and his WR's constantly dropping dimes sure. But he just sucks. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

It's a dumb assessment that he is playing poorly because he has inferior talent around him. Well, any QB with all world talent will play poorly in the NFL with a poor cast too. Look at Aaron Rodgers this year. Bryce Young and Stroud succeeding in their system shouldn't be a knock on them, they are doing what they are supposed to do with what they have = winning. We don't knock Mahomes for having Kelce and Hill, Allen and Diggs, Rodgers and Adams, why should having good talent around you be a negative? Teams should surround their QB with good talent. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

It's a dumb assessment that he is playing poorly because he has inferior talent around him. Well, any QB with all world talent will play poorly in the NFL with a poor cast too. Look at Aaron Rodgers this year. Bryce Young and Stroud succeeding in their system shouldn't be a knock on them, they are doing what they are supposed to do with what they have = winning. We don't knock Mahomes for having Kelce and Hill, Allen and Diggs, Rodgers and Adams, why should having good talent around you be a negative? Teams should surround their QB with good talent. 

Also his teammates weren't "inferior" to fuging Vanderbilt last week talent wise. Richardson gets Vanderbilt tmrw, and Levis gets Georgia. That is gonna say a lot about how to rank these 2 guys. Richardson went 50% for 1 TD 0 INT and 271 yards vs Georgia last month. Levis went about 50% for 109 yards and 0TD 1 INT vs Vanderbilt

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

It’s all hear say until teams put their money where their mouth is and use that draft capital on them. Willis, Howell and Corral were studs too leading up to the draft until teams showed us what they really thought 

Corral may not be good, but I still think we need a bigger sample size with a decent OL. 

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Corral may not be good, but I still think we need a bigger sample size with a decent OL. 

I believe he was drafted as a project to sit behind Baker for a couple years to see if he develops. But with Rhule gone and Baker shitting the bed. The new coaching staff will want their guy