• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next week's starter

Mr. Scot

Jets have beaten 5 of their last 6 opponents with Wilson at QB.   Including wins against the Bills and Phins. 

seems a bit odd the Jets HC is calling out the young QB.   Bill Belichick got him.  Happens to lots of guys. Jets RBs averaged 1 yard a carry on Sunday. 

I didn’t like him coming out.  Don’t think he is good.  But why not just let him play the year and let all the questions get answered on him.  Joe Flacco isn’t leading you any where this season.  Bench him and you still have Zach Wilson questions IMO. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jets have beaten 5 of their last 6 opponents with Wilson at QB.   Including wins against the Bills and Phins. 

seems a bit odd the Jets HC is calling out the young QB.   Bill Belichick got him.  Happens to lots of guys. Jets RBs averaged 1 yard a carry on Sunday. 

I didn’t like him coming out.  Don’t think he is good.  But why not just let him play the year and let all the questions get answered on him.  Joe Flacco isn’t leading you any where this season.  Bench him and you still have Zach Wilson questions IMO. 

Mike White season. At least the players like him

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe they are thinking that they could trade him for more if he doesn't play because it would show the sucker's what he's actually worth? It worked before. 

7 hours ago, Captroop said:

I don't think it will matter. We're going to see the same consistently bad level of QB play for the remainder of the season (unless Darnold balls out behind this re-vamped line.

I've seen enough of Mayfield now to know he's not only not the future here, I think he's done in the league. His throws look like Broncos era Manning. He never recovered from the shoulder injury, and I doubt he will. I'll admit, I was hoping for him to be successful here. I was hoping for him to be the future here. But he's not the same QB he was, and he's not starter quality, sad to say.

I'll continue to watch, however, because the Defense is genuinely exciting to see. Between that and the run game, we're looking like a team that's ready to make a jump to the next level. Any coaching prospect should look at this team and be excited for the possibilities. But we need a QB, and a WR corps beyond DJ.

Yeah i watched him throw a 10 yard out yesterday with like everything he could put on it not get there then watched him almost Jimmy Clausen a throw away that almost didn't make it out of bounds 

I would like see Sam Darnold get the chance to start Sunday to see if he has learned anything from his long absence.

In the past Darnold has shown small flashes of the talent that got him drafted highly. Hopefully he will be able to showcase that talent on a more consistent basis. 

Plus, it is doubtful if he could do any worse than Baker or Harris.