• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Time

Jackie Lee

50 minutes ago, Snake said:

That wasn't his fault that Rhule was an idiot. I mean you can literally put Mayfield, Darnold, and Bridgewaters name in that sentence and it would all be true. That's how terrible he was. 

Well, Bridgewater is better and more efficient than them both, he just couldn't carry the offense behind that line. However, he'd be much better behind this line.

I never considered Mayfield an upgrade over Darnold, only slightly more mobile but with a lot more flare, character and confidence at a far reduced rate.

I'm not sure who it would be but I'd love to solidify our QB for years...

21 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you're still on this forum at this point in Panthers history, then you are the cornerstone of this franchise's fanbase. Yes I would trade you for two 1sts and a second, but we have not received the offer yet.

Lol!!  Okay.. not sure what that means!! Cool post Brewster1980s tv 80s GIF by absurdnoise

4 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Anyone but Mayfield. 

That is where I am. It isn’t because I think Darnold is the answer. But Mayfield is the answer to a different question altogether. 
And presumably the offense was installed with Darnold in mind. Let’s see him.

Edited by stratocatter

11 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I seriously doubt anyone expect Sam to be anything other than his normal self and that includes him. 

I'm looking at it from Wilks perspective. If I were he I would be like look, I've started every qb we have other than this guy what the hell else can I do? They all suck!

The answer is clear. 

Bring back Vinny Testaverde.

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

Nothing wrong with that. I think we should alternate all three the rest of the year just to evaluate everyone one final time to make sure there is nobody we should be hanging onto for any backup type role should we find a starter material in the draft or some amazing established QB we trade for (won't happen I know). In any event definitely should get a look at all three the rest of the way. 

10 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Well, Bridgewater is better and more efficient than them both, he just couldn't carry the offense behind that line. However, he'd be much better behind this line.

I never considered Mayfield an upgrade over Darnold, only slightly more mobile but with a lot more flare, character and confidence at a far reduced rate.

I'm not sure who it would be but I'd love to solidify our QB for years...

Although he didn't look great Corral was graded as just as good of a passer as Young coming out this year. Probably a better one by most. I don't think you give up on him but we also need someone else as well. I will be interested in seeing how our new coach choose to go because there is a lot of talent where we pick that isn't QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1