• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should we be looking at outside the "top 4" QB candidates?

rayzor

Tanner McKee 

Jaylen Daniels 

Penix is a toss up, want to see how he keeps it up through the season but he's on track.

Those 3 are quality guys with great upside, and most importantly NFL level arms which for some reason gets lost on a lot of people when that's most critical at the end of the day.  Daniels is the one to watch IMO.  

I want to love Ward.  But I think he should stay another year.  He's young and has mad potential.

The rest are a bit of toss-ups/developmental.  I get why people may like some like Rogers, J Hall, etc. but they're a bit of stretches.

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

At this point we don’t need value.  We need a top prospect.   

He's the most capable of anyone I've seen. 

None of the other guys have made the throws this kid made to beat Oregon. 

Go watch that game. NFL throws all over the place.

Richardson isn't even half the passer Penix is.

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, rayzor said:

So aside from Young, Stroud, Levis, and Richardson who should we be talking about?

Not including Corral in this either.

Just curious who else could or should be in play.

There isn’t a “top four” there’s Young & Stroud and then after that I’d strongly recommend not taking a QB. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

The answer is no one. If we want one of the top two, do what we need to get them. Drafting a QB elsewhere may be a wasted pick IMO.

Yep.  The most unrealistic thing you'll typically see are those wishing for some miraculous trade down yet we get a guy we target.  You either stay put or trade up to get a guy you target.  

Only exception to not drafting high is if they like a guy enough to trade back into Round 1 in the event we don't take one with our first overall pick.  Would also not be opposed to a double dip.  I see no other path for a QB in this draft. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

There isn’t a “top four” there’s Young & Stroud and then after that I’d strongly recommend not taking a QB. 

That's also an option....at least not early in the first or in the first round at all. I don't think we should leave the draft without throwing a draft pick at all at QB relatively early. I think we should just keep swinging, but if we aren't completely thrilled with the choice at QB in the top 5 picks, go with a stud defensive guy and then make a move later to attempt to get a QB.

• Pie 2