• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eternal Mediocrity

Day1PanthersFan

Funny you mention Patrick Mahomes.... He wasn't pick number one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight or even nine. This obsession you people have with pick number one is unhealthy. The vast majority of the top quarterbacks in the league right now were picked outside the top five and many were picked much later than that.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

And when we trip into the Playoffs, and Sam plays horrible, and this board unleashes all levels of hell on Sam ... then what? Then nothing. We need an elite QB here.

Don't disagree.  I would hate to take the south.  Don't mind a few wins but going to the playoffs would spell disaster.  We'd be one and done.  I hate saying that.

• Poo 1

46 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Most fans would rather have a few meaningless wins than try to build to get back to the superbowl 

If there was another Mahomes in the draft, our fans would still want to win 

I guess we really are not football smart 

People also ask

Where is Mahomes being drafted?

The Chiefs ended up taking Mahomes at pick No. 10. The media could not be played.Sep 12, 2022
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Funny you mention Patrick Mahomes.... He wasn't pick number one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight or even nine. This obsession you people have with pick number one is unhealthy. The vast majority of the top quarterbacks in the league right now were picked outside the top five and many were picked much later than that.

I actually want the higher pick because I want to at least have the opportunity to get the next mahomes. Having pick 1 or 2 just means there's 8 less teams to get our guy before we pick. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I actually want the higher pick because I want to at least have the opportunity to get the next mahomes. Having pick 1 or 2 just means there's 8 less teams to get our guy before we pick. 

I think the point is you're just as likely to get the next Mahomes at 1 as... Where he was drafted, at 10.

Edit: the likelihood is very low either way lol

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

People just don't have any patience. They want wins now and Superbowls now.

"YES! WE WON! But ... Sam still suuuucks, lol. Sam lololol. He suuuucks."

>>Sam manages to get us into the Playoffs by winning the ugly South.<<

"PLAYOFFS, BABY! But Sam and Baker suuuuuuuck. Put PJ in! Any given Sunday with PJ! Sam suuuuucks!"

>>Sam plays terrible in Playoffs. PJ comes in and sucks too.<<

"F Rhule for Sam! F Tepper for Baker! PJ can't do ANYTHING with this line! DJ sucks! We had a real chance!"

>>Panthers draft a LB<<

"Great pick! It's who I wanted. Corral and PJ are going to battle it out in camp. I see 10 wins!"

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

I think the point is you're just as likely to get the next Mahomes at 1 as... Where he was drafted, at 10.

Edit: the likelihood is very low either way lol

I get that. Of course to be able to find that guy you need someone who can recognize and develop QB talent and that's something we haven't had here in a long fuging time. 

• Pie 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I get that. Of course to be able to find that guy you need someone who can recognize and develop QB talent and that's something we haven't had here in a long fuging time. 

Mahomes also benefited from a talented roster. I'm sure the chiefs take him higher than 10 if they can, even.  But the reason I don't get stressed is just as many of today's great QBs weren't drafted in like the top 3 as were... 

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I hate to say it, but if you want to win every week, you are following the wrong team. Ever since Cam got lit up and his shoulder officially died, we are 20-49. We are 0-4 against good teams and 4-4 against bad teams. We are squarely in the mediocre to bad teams.

I’m switching to playoff rooting because I think we do have a shot after all the losses today, especially considering 7-10 could win this division. We have 1 good team left on the schedule so we aren’t in line for a top 5 pick.

college gameday sport GIF

We are about as likely to finish in the top 5 of the draft as we are to back into the playoffs.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1