• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cryptic message from Stanley McClover

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think you do the contract now when he's at 10 sacks just in case he gets to 15+ by the end of the year his leverage increases. We can't let him walk, we didn't trade him when we had the chance, and we actually need the $12M we can save by extending him instead of the $16M tag cap hit next year. We have zero dollars in cap space currently, actually like negative 900k or so but thats basically zero in the NFL

What if he gets injured? It works both ways in that kind of hypothetical. He will get paid regardless and waiting to end this season is a great idea. We still have the 5th year option so he isn't walking anywhere for more than another year and there is a franchise tag behind that, so there is two safety nets with Burns moving forward to get this right. 

The cap angle is just smearing around the fact he is going to be making a lot more on the books in someway if he inks a new deal over the 5th year option value. We signed that kind of deal and that's why we are paying CMC 18 million (?) next year to play elsewhere and dealing with a stupid cap problem from a contract that we did too soon to hide issues elsewhere (this has those feels to me). We don't need more money this year, and I would really like to involve the next crew on a deal this size even if it's just a blessing. 

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

After turning down two 1st round picks and a 2nd, I think he already knows that we want to keep him around.

People here now? Obviously.

New people coming in? Probably but also not necessarily with the same expectations or usage, especially when they weren't involved in the deal. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Also the rams look like one of the 3 worst teams in the nfl right now and it doesnt look to get any better in the offseason.  We could have held 3 picks for 2 years for one of the worst teams in the nfl.  Those 2 firsts would be gold moving forward for this franchise

No one has a crystal ball, but I have a feeling we will look back in regret for turning that deal down. We will see. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yep and that’s why it would have been a good risk to make that trade. I can only imagine what a good GM would have done with 5 firsts and 5 seconds in 3 drafts on this base minus Burns. Especially since we know the 2023 2nd is a top pick and I think their 1sts will end up as top 10 or top 15.

They could build a fantastic side remember Burns production could be replaced by just a portion of his future contract on a Hassan Reddick level player. Then all the picks are cream on top 

• Flames 1