• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Will Levis declaring for the NFL draft

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

These threads are perpetually ruined by college fan homers.

The people trashing him are largely hyping their own trash SEC QB's.

I am not sold on Levis either but the shade being thrown by Richardson or Rattler fans is laughable.

Ya'll need to take your dumb college fan hats off when it comes to the Panthers. None of us give a fug about taking a bunch of overrated or bad college players to pollute our roster from your schools. 

Hook us up with some studs and that is great but we don't need any more Ben Boulware's, Elijah Hood's or whatever version of a not-NFL-caliber player that will get hyped in here to the nth degree by people that don't understand the NFL at all.

If my Wake Forest team didn’t completely fall off a cliff, I’d be hyping up Sam Hartman to the panthers lol, and trashing these other guys

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If any of that is true and Tepper is making decisions on first round draft picks(or really any major personnel move) this franchise is fuged until he is gone. That is Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones level of meddling and it doesn't have a successful track record in the NFL.

To be fair, it was reported that Tepper badly wanted Justin Fields and we didn't take him. So while he may want someone,.he is letting his staff decide.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Mel Kiper Jr said one time that Will Levis is a faster, stronger, more athletic version of Stave McNair, before of course his mistress blew his ass away 

Kiper is here to hype the draft.  He regularly pumps up the QBs this way

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If my Wake Forest team didn’t completely fall off a cliff, I’d be hyping up Sam Hartman to the panthers lol, and trashing these other guys

Yeah but you also know that Hartman isn't an NFL caliber player.

I get having college allegiances, I do. But you cannot let their college abilities cloud your NFL judgement. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

To be fair, it was reported that Tepper badly wanted Justin Fields and we didn't take him. So while he may want someone,.he is letting his staff decide.

Yeah, I hope he is involved enough to have some opinions and I hope he is smart enough to trust the people he hired.....to a point(looking you, Matt Rhule).

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sold on Levis either but the shade being thrown by Richardson or Rattler fans is laughable.

Ya'll need to take your dumb college fan hats off when it comes to the Panthers. None of us give a fug about taking a bunch of overrated or bad college players to pollute our roster from your schools. 

Hook us up with some studs and that is great but we  need any more Ben Boulware's, Elijah Hood's or whatever version of a not-NFL-caliber player that will get hyped in here to the nth degree by people that don't understand the NFL at all.

Stetson FTW! 

Good Bye GIF by Nickelodeon

• Flames 1

My problem with Will Levis is that he keeps being compared to Josh Allen... but his tape is HIS tape. Some of the play calls were questionable... but for all of his arm talent and "traits," he makes bad decisions. He looks alot like... Sam Darnold to me.

It's looking like the narrative around CJ Stroud is going to cause him to fall... which I love. (If CJ is there... take him for sure.) But I'd take Will no higher than the second... but would still pass on him to take Penix in the 3rd.  And still bet that Matt Corral beat both of them out. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

My god…if they  draft this guy my head will explode 

look at him…first, biblical verse tattoo…second, he absolutely fails in big games and he is a putz

no. Just no.  

So, by that criteria you would reject Lebron James, David Beckham, Dennis Rodman and Colin Kaepernick for having Biblically themed tattoos?  Seems pretty judgmental and narrow minded…

Edited by bythenbrs

11 hours ago, stirs said:

The bi polar draft evaluators here are always either all pro, or sucks ass.  No in betweens here

I have tried my best to pick college QBs who will succeed in the NFL.  I am usually wrong, but comforted by the fact that the GMs are too.  For people to pretend to know how good or bad this guy will be only demonstrates how well they package something they have no idea about into the perception of knowledge.

I firmly believe there are so many variables, QB should be the last piece you add. Our offense is there, for the most part.  We need a TE and maybe another RB and WR.  We need a good QB coach, good D, and a head coach who understands game situations in relation to the QBs developmental level. We need an OC who tailors an offense to the QBs' strengths.  We need patience.

• Pie 3

11 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Why do you guys hate him so much? is it cuz he's a white man? I'm disgusted with all of you 

I think that there is serious question around why he's being talked about why he's on the same level as CJ and Bryce. He's even being talked about like he's QB NUMBER 1? 

This team currently has on it's roster two QB's that were drafted 1 and 3... and neither one of them were the answer. Not because they were white... but because they were not good. But they were projected to be better than they were.... While Lamar Jackson was barely drafted in the first round.  

If there is any franchise that should have learned its lesson from picking overrated white QB's... its THEE CAROLINA PANTHERS.

I don't care that he's white. I care that we use a early pick on a QB that wouldnt beat Matt Corral in a QB because the media hyped up another mediocre white dude. We good on that.   

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Hook us up with some studs and that is great but we don't need any more Ben Boulware's, Elijah Hood's or whatever version of a not-NFL-caliber player that will get hyped in here to the nth degree by people that don't understand the NFL at all.

preach GIF

keep your college biases out of here if you can't see beyond that little world. pumping up someone or inflating their value because he went to your favorite school is annoying, but not near as annoying as the blind hate towards someone that went to a rival school. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, stirs said:

The bi polar draft evaluators here are always either all pro, or sucks ass.  No in betweens here

but the truth is that's the way it goes with QBs drafted in the first round, especially early. either they are great or they suck. there really hasn't been much middle ground.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

As a college qb, Hartman has been great.   But he has a tendency to go thru stretches where he just keeps throwing it to the other team.   He had 7 interceptions in a three-game stretch against Louisville, State, and UNC.  And the quality of the defense doesn't seem to matter.  Zero picks against Clemson and FSU this year, but three against Louisville and two against Liberty.  Might be able to get away with that in college, but in the NFL, it means he gets cut.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1