• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield: Top Landing Spots

KatsAzz

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

No reason they would do that.  They are out of the playoffs, and they would be spending money for no material gain.

I could see Seattle doing it though.  

It would hurt the 49ers chances for a deep run, thats the main reason. They dont need or want him, seahawks could do the same......49ers may have the best D when healthy, clear path to deep run even with a sucky-ass QB....

plus in thoery you could claim him and hope to the heavens some dumb team signs him to crazy deal thus giving you a shot at a late comp pick.... If baker is on your QB radar, what better/cheaper way than 1.4million(nfl pennies) for a 5 game tryout?? Much cheaper than signing him to some 12 million one year deal. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Why would Seattle do it? 

Youre in the car wash business. A local one is getting rid of a 2018 flow max 9000 thats in work condition. They even took it down and packed it all nice and neat. Your chief competitor needs one since theirs blew up and its not repairable this year. You dont need it, but have storage space. You are also much closer mileage wise and rivial has already called asking. Its first come first serve- What does one do??

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Wonder if they asked for behind the scenes vibes from CMC

It all seems to me the 49ers reached out to Baker via back door channels to try and facilitate his release. Classy move by the Panthers to cut him but I have a feeling they might have been considering it already 

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Why would Seattle do it? 

Because Seattle is competing for the division and they may want keep SF from picking up a new qb.  Of course, I am sure that some here might think Seattle is better off letting SF have Mayfield.  But the original point was that there is no reason for Los Angeles to grab him with them having no shot at a playoff.  No reason to spend the money.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Because Seattle is competing for the division and they may want keep SF from picking up a new qb.  Of course, I am sure that some here might think Seattle is better off letting SF have Mayfield.  But the original point was that there is no reason for Los Angeles to grab him with them having no shot at a playoff.  No reason to spend the money.  

Yeah, @Basbear explained it (albeit using an analogy). I totally overlooked that angle from Seattle's perspective because of Geno (and Lock to a lesser degree).

• Beer 1