• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule and his reclamation projects

Verge

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Did anyone ask Rhule during his media tour why he was so scared to draft a QB with a top 10 pick his 3 drafts here?

He was asked why he didn't take Fields or Jones and his response was a bunch of words and then Herbert went before their pick the year before lol. Clown of a man. Also that if he knew he only had 2.5 years he would have made a blockbuster trade, when the reality is he tried to trade for Stafford and Watson and they said hell nah. I'm glad he finally decided to shut his mouth this week, that media tour didn't do him any favors and I imagine his agent and Nebraska let him know it

He fugged up from day one.  Talking how he couldn't wait to work with Cam, blah, blah, blah.  Then turn around and release your QB for a journeyman QB better known as "check down" Teddy.   That snowball started to get bigger with Darnold being the man.  We gave a valuable 2nd round pick for basically nothing in return.  Sam "I see Ghosts" Darnold bombed out after 3 games.  Rhule than turns to Baker "Happy Feet" Mayfield and he was supposed to finally fix our QB problem.  NOT.  Then out of desperation he turned to his savior at Temple PJ "I shouldn't be on a roster" Walker to save him.  

Rhule's biggest problem was his Tepper fueled ego.  Tepper gave him so much power, Rhule must have thought he was some sort of football deity.   Like he has the secret formula, that has been hiding in the family receipt book, for ultimate success in the NFL. 

It would have been much simpler to start your "7-year plan" with a former MVP. Though Cam was limited he was still better than any of the garbage that came after him.  He could have built a good offensive line and drafted a young QB to learn from Cam.  Instead, he did something no team has ever done. Used all his picks on one side of the ball.

Just glad he's gone.  

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He was asked why he didn't take Fields or Jones and his response was a bunch of words and then Herbert went before their pick the year before lol. Clown of a man. Also that if he knew he only had 2.5 years he would have made a blockbuster trade, when the reality is he tried to trade for Stafford and Watson and they said hell nah. I'm glad he finally decided to shut his mouth this week, that media tour didn't do him any favors and I imagine his agent and Nebraska let him know it

I just don’t get it. Does he just not present well to the media and shines behind closed doors or something? 

I haven’t heard him say anything that would indicate he’s not a narcissistic fraud.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I just don’t get it. Does he just not present well to the media and shines behind closed doors or something? 

I haven’t heard him say anything that would indicate he’s not a narcissistic fraud.

No, we have a dumb owner, and had the worst GM in the league.

• The D 1

Speaking of Rhule, just did some looking around and apparently word is that for the first time in a long time, he's going to have to do the job without Phil Snow as his DC.

I'll be curious to see who he gets instead. There's some speculation he could go after Jim Leonhard since he's now out at Wisconsin.

There's talk that some NFL teams might also be looking at Leonhard.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of Rhule, just did some looking around and apparently word is that for the first time in a long time, he's going to have to do the job without Phil Snow as his DC.

I'll be curious to see who he gets instead. There's some speculation he could go after Jim Leonhard since he's now out at Wisconsin.

Phil Snow is what Matt Rhule stood on as he faked his way through football.    

If I was Nebraska, Phil Snow would have had to be part of the deal if Rhule was coming.  I mean, does anyone actually do their homework on these coaches before spending millions? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Phil Snow is what Matt Rhule stood on as faked his way through football.    

If I was Nebraska, Phil Snow would have had to be part of the deal if Rhule was coming.  I mean, does anyone actually do their homework on these coaches before spending millions? 

Apparently they don't.  Nebraska may have just booked the dummy without booking the ventriloquist.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What was the word? I looked real quick and nothing. Is he still going to coach?

Either way that is some heavy info for Rhule and I find it hilarious. 

Just now, Waldo said:

What was the word? I looked real quick and nothing. Is he still going to coach?

Either way that is some heavy info for Rhule and I find it hilarious. 

It's all scattered chatter, but apparently there's some belief that Snow's going to retire.

What makes me take it seriously is the fact that while Rhule has already filled several positions on his staff, he hasn't named a DC.

If it were Snow, you'd think he'd be there already.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's all scattered chatter, but apparently there's some belief that Snow's going to retire.

What makes me take it seriously is the fact that while Rhule has already filled several positions on his staff, he hasn't named a DC.

It get it, it's unconfirmed but others have already joined him so it's reasonable logic. It's crazy they hired him without Snow given their history. That guy must give amazing interviews with these people lol. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I did find that odd when it wasn't announced about 30-seconds after The Process was hired. 

Snow is going to be 67 in a couple of weeks.  While there are a decent number of coaches older than that, very few started over at that age.  Most were fixtures somewhere when that age came around.  I can't blame him if he is calling it a career.

Who knows?  After The Process' "Don't Blame Me For My Failures" book tour last week, maybe Snow can't warm up to the idea of carrying him anymore, either.  Snow may have even had to be the one to tell him he sounded effing crazy.