• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Icky should be offensive rookie of the year

WarPanthers89

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It wasn't about Ickey. I was about you telling others to, how'd you say it? "stop caring about popularity awards." Not sure if you know it, but that's not your call to make. 

I didn't say anything about Ickey. You might want to brush up on your comprehension skills.

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

5 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Nice, another insult. It goes well with all the poo you throw.

Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

Playing the constant victim and being 100% ridiculous should get you a Huddle award. You have earned zero respect and will get it so maybe just ignore me and I'll keep ignoring you moving forward?

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

Playing the constant victim and being 100% ridiculous should get you a Huddle award. You have earned zero respect and will get it so maybe just ignore me and I'll keep ignoring you moving forward?

Another insult. Boy o Boy you are something ain't cha? How about you raise your level of posting above the gutter, and we'll play it from there?

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

How much would his 5th year option increase if he won OROY?

I don't see any. Pro bowls can gets a different 5th year option amount in the new CBA, but not as an alternative. Link 

3. First rounders selected to the Pro Bowl on the original ballot in any of their first three seasons will receive a fifth-year salary equal to the transition tag of the player’s fourth year.

4. First rounders selected to the Pro Bowl on the original ballot in more than one of their first three seasons will receive a fifth-year salary equal to the franchise tag of the player’s fourth year.

So no, it has no value other than recognition. Given that Pickett is the favorite to win this year odds wise (Link) I would raise the question if it has any value beyond a participation trophy at this point. Edit: some reason that site just updated and Pickett is now 7th in odds.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

To think Rhule wanted him to "earn" his spot and almost derailed him with his stupidity. 

Between that, the mishandling of Christensen last year, and the non-development of a guy like TMJ that can be our legit WR2 all are searing indictments of his lack of coaching acumen and talent.  TMJ to me could absolutely be Moose 2.0.  The fact that he was languishing behind Robbie and Shi (and arguably even Higgins) is coaching malpractice.

That being said, the fact the we have Icky and Moton as bookend tackles, along with a solid interior with Christensen, Bozeman, and Corbett, means more than any one accolade.  Although Icky is worthy IMO of winning OROY.

This team really is a competent QB away from opening a window for contention.

It's not unreasonable to say the Panthers have arguably both the best offensive and defensive lines in the NFC South.  That is huge going forward over the next few years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1