• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankers

Sir Purr

7 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

The reality remains. What we saw today was Playoff style football. Not my job to make you see it. I can't make you understand it.

Oh, and I truly do like how you give yourself so much credit. Like your one lone fact is such a victory. lol Your whole argument is "The last 3 SB winners". You offer nothing else. So I see no reason to continue this farce. Good day sir.

Isnt seattle like the worst defense in the league?

7 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

lol just a hilariously stupid comment.

best case scenario, this team makes the playoffs (highly unlikely), and has zero shot at doing anything meaningful when they play real competition. 

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB, and will be back to deciding between brining back darnold or some other bus from another franchise.

hope everyone loves being stuck in football purgatory, while the young talent continues to get older and their prime years get wasted due to guys like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, baker mayfield, etc.

keep pounding 

GOATED comment. Posters on here live on another planet and legit think this shitass team can "make noise" in the playoffs. All this team will amount to is being an NFL trivia question years from now.

7 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

lol just a hilariously stupid comment.

best case scenario, this team makes the playoffs (highly unlikely), and has zero shot at doing anything meaningful when they play real competition. 

their draft position will only push them further away from having a chance to draft their franchise QB, and will be back to deciding between brining back darnold or some other bus from another franchise.

hope everyone loves being stuck in football purgatory, while the young talent continues to get older and their prime years get wasted due to guys like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, baker mayfield, etc.

keep pounding 

This comment should be pinned.

I understand the sentiment about draft position given our drafts the last few years but these arguments that we can't draft a franchise quarterback unless we have a top 3 pick just doesn't jive with reality. As far as tanking that was never and is not going to happen people just need to accept that and stop torturing themselves.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

I understand the sentiment about draft position given our drafts the last few years but these arguments that we can't draft a franchise quarterback unless we have a top 3 pick just doesn't jive with reality. As far as tanking that was never and is not going to happen people just need to accept that and stop torturing themselves.

Gonna hurt to move up or hurt to have another JAG as QB next year. Either way it is gonna hurt. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I think it all comes down to the higher your pick, the better your chances. Which may be true in principle but is iffy at best in reality. If you like a guy, try and get him. Sooner or later, if you have a competent staff. You'll get your guy.

I understand that the higher the pick, the more available prospects there are. However, this also reminds me of the end of the 2018 - 2019 season. We had folks in here that were apoplectic over winning the final game of the season against the Saints. It was a "meaningless win" that folks guaranteed would prevent us from drafting a top pass rusher that offseason.

The draft pick: Brian Burns

Again, I understand the sentiment behind the desire to lose and get a better pick in the draft. However, if that can be validated, then why can't it also be acknowledged that picking 9th or even in the middle of the 1st doesn't doom the team to mediocrity? Hell, Mahomes went #10 behind Trubisky.

9 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

There were questions about Josh Allen. There were questions about Justin Herbert. There were questions about pat mahomes. There were questions about lamar Jackson. 

all I can promise is there is much more upside with a rookie than there is with Sam darnold. 

Stake your claim then! 😛

Darnold isn't going to be on the roster next season, just Matt Corral (who, despite what folks here want to believe, would be one of the top 3 QBs in this draft class). Which of these potential rookies are you willing to go out of your way and say that they'll be the franchise guy?

If picking in the middle of the round is a sign of infinite mediocrity, which of the rookies will prevent that?

Edited by Icege

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

I understand that the higher the pick, the more available prospects there are. However, this also reminds me of the end of the 2018 - 2019 season. We had folks in here that were apoplectic over winning the final game of the season against the Saints. It was a "meaningless win" that folks guaranteed would prevent us from drafting a top pass rusher that offseason.

The draft pick: Brian Burns

Again, I understand the sentiment behind the desire to lose and get a better pick in the draft. However, if that can be validated, then why can't it also be acknowledged that picking 9th or even in the middle of the 1st doesn't doom the team to mediocrity? Hell, Mahomes went #10 behind Trubisky.

Stake your claim then! 😛

Darnold isn't going to be on the roster next season, just Matt Corral (who, despite what folks here want to believe, would be one of the top 3 QBs in this draft class). Which of these potential rookies are you willing to go out of your way and say that they'll be the franchise guy?

If picking in the middle of the round is a sign of infinite mediocrity, which of the rookies will prevent that?

You will never get an answer to that. 

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, KSpan said:

I mean, not really. Maybe Carolina falls into a playoff spot by way of the atrocious NFC South but it's a given they'll get killed by actual competent teams. I guess that's a positive/meaningful to some folks.

I'm not a tanker. Just putting it out there.

The Cowboys are the Cowboys 

The Eagles on the other hand, after watching them multiple weeks, look like the real,deal in the nfc 

the lions are also a coming team in December 

but in a 17 week schedule with injuries piling up, anything can happen 

remember the giants were no great shakes, got hot in December and took our the unbeaten Patriots 

the thing that will hurt the Panthers is Qb. Darnold is capable of going bat poo at any moment 

• Beer 2

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

The Cowboys are the Cowboys 

The Eagles on the other hand, after watching them multiple weeks, look like the real,deal in the nfc 

the lions are also a coming team in December 

but in a 17 week schedule with injuries piling up, anything can happen 

remember the giants were no great shakes, got hot in December and took our the unbeaten Patriots 

the thing that will hurt the Panthers is Qb. Darnold is capable of going bat poo at any moment 

QB is our Achilles heel.  So far they are protecting Sam as best they can by limiting his opportunity to screw up. At some point they will have to turn him lose and open up the passing game. Unfortunately, I do not think McAdoo has a passing game to speak of.  What little they did throw the routes were so screwed up that I was surprised that Sam completed any of them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What stats do I scoff at? I throw out as many stats as anyone in this board. PFF ratings aren't stats.

You gotta make sure those stats you're throwing out are accurate though.  You keep saying Seattle turned the ball over three times yesterday; it was two (1 Horn interception, 1 Henderson interception).