• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you all in on a Panthers Playoff Push?

Zod

48 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'd prefer the league change the rules to read that a minimum .500 season is required to make the playoffs. But, with a 17-game season, let's make it a 9-8 record.

The idea a 7-10 team can win a division and host a 13-4 wildcard team is simply ludicrous.... and embarrassing.

If a situation arises that a team or teams would be below .500, regardless of their standing, they should be seeded and required to play on the road against the teams with a better record.

You win, you in. 

• Poo 2

On 12/13/2022 at 9:04 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, I want to win games. I want what Tepper promised us. Long-term success. Consistent success. Contenders year in and year out.

Going to the playoffs as a losing team simply because you're in one of the worst divisions in NFL history isn't "winning".

It is much better than being the worst team in the worst division.

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'd prefer the league change the rules to read that a minimum .500 season is required to make the playoffs. But, with a 17-game season, let's make it a 9-8 record.

The idea a 7-10 team can win a division and host a 13-4 wildcard team is simply ludicrous.... and embarrassing.

If a situation arises that a team or teams would be below .500, regardless of their standing, they should be seeded and required to play on the road against the teams with a better record.

Then why have divisions?  It doesn't happen too often, but a division leader comes out with a losing record.  No big deal.  You can be assured the NFL will NEVER do something so stupid. 

21 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Shenault needs to play, shoulder or not   Higgins would come in for Shenault 

Bad enough DJ is a game time decision 

my concern is without DJ, there is not one receiver that Steeler defense will take seriously….not one …they will load up to stop the run and dare Darnold to pass to Marshall and Higgins 

It’s not like the TEs can catch either 

the game is going to come down to the workarounds from McAdoo adjusting for losing those two guys and I just don’t think he is capable 

just hoping for the best now 

North Carolina Smile GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Then why have divisions?  It doesn't happen too often, but a division leader comes out with a losing record.  No big deal.  You can be assured the NFL will NEVER do something so stupid. 

Divisions allow for scheduling ease, for both regular and post season.

And to suggest seeding isn't the answer, the NCAA seems to have found the answer for March Madness. Don't see losing teams in the tournament.

And, should your team ever finish a season as a 12-5 wildcard and have to go on the road to play a 7-10 "division champ," then come talk to me.

2 minutes ago, Rex Trotter said:

To be honest I feel better about us beating Detroit now I was worried that would be our let down game now I think we bounce back and beat them. I still think bengals will crush the bucs and we will still control our destiny.

We are not beating the Lions. They just finished a comeback against the Jets.