• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo...

Ivan The Awesome

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Probably because the Steelers have a good run defense. Well except for last week. Don’t know what happened last week. 

My hope is that the Steelers are losing their will. They pretty much know they are not going anywhere near the post season at this point. Hopefully that leads to some smart business decisions this Sunday.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I think this is going to be a helluva game. Both teams are fighting for their coach and a lot of pride. In our case, we're also fighting for a very distinct possibility of a miracle on the season. 

The two teams are remarkably similar in their weaknesses and strengths. They both want to be better teams than they are. And they'll field a roughly 50/50 assortment in the crowd on Sunday.

This could be a classic.

I think it's going to be a great atmosphere even with all the Steelers fans.  Hopefully the stadium will be full with people actually in the seats.

The only game in the last 4+ years at BOA that has had a truly great atmosphere was Cam's return last year, and that was short-lived.

This should be playoff level intensity, which is ironic for two 5-8 teams, but I think it could be.

Also, if we win, that game against the Lions will be an intense one to close out the season at home.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

...anyone else feel like this is a trap game for us? It just feels that way. Media picking us. 2 game win streak. Just feel like there's an outside chance that this team might be high on the wins and not focus. Technically I don't think that this team has played MEANINGFUL December football. If Wilks directs this pack of men and keeps their heads on straight. Man...January football could be beautiful. Here's hoping that they don't fug this up. 

Sunday is the biggest game this team has played in YEARS.  If we win, and the Bengals beat Tampa, we will be in first place in the NFC South.  Its amazing to even be in this situation after how utterly pathetic this team was under Rhule, and after trading away one of the best playmakers in the league, your WR2, and your opening day starting QB.  poo like this just does not happen in the NFL. God, I hope we win.  By Sunday evening we could be in first place and in a playoff slot. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Sunday is the biggest game this team has played in YEARS.  If we win, and the Bengals beat Tampa, we will be in first place in the NFC South.  Its amazing to even be in this situation after how utterly pathetic this team was under Rhule, and after trading away one of the best playmakers in the league, your WR2, and your opening day starting QB.  poo like this just does not happen in the NFL. God, I hope we win.  By Sunday evening we could be in first place and in a playoff slot. 

Your prob right and that's kinda sad really. 

• Pie 1

Yeah if we can't win a home game against a bottom 10 team with their starting qb out, we don't deserve to have our sights set on the playoffs. Come out unprepared and lose and it would take a miracle finish for Wilks to have any chance to keep the head coaching job. This is where he shows his mettle. You have to have the entire team firing on all cylinders. 

On 12/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, TLGPanthersFan said:

Probably because the Steelers have a good run defense. Well except for last week. Don’t know what happened last week. 

Well last week is on tape, so we will see if Wilks can earn his job by exploiting the weaknesses the Steelers displayed last week.