• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HIRE WILKS

NJPanthers12

I like Wilkes and his ability to communicate with the players--based on what I have seen.  Today, regardless of what the scoreboard was saying, Pittsburgh was undisciplined and we did not really take the bait.  I have a ton of respect for Tomlin, but like any coach we tend to call "great," you have to watch him without a franchise QB.  He got in a face or two today, which is admirable, but our guys stayed, for the most part, composed.

Does that mean Wilkes should be the next coach?  Nope.  I want to see how we finish.  I am not impressed with some of the defensive mechanics I saw today--bad angles, poor tackling--CB giving too much cushion vs. a #2 wr--no apparent understanding of the situation (Taylor)

Archeletta made a few good points--LBs were hesitating (when was the last time you saw Shaq in the hole making tackles?  he gets his stats 4 yards past the LOS)  Chinn was bad in contain. 

I am also disappointed in our fans--we wont even go to a home game when we have tickets when our team was in the playoff hunt--Pittsburgh fans travel and buy up tickets when their team has the same record--and less of a chance to make the playoffs. 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I like Wilkes and his ability to communicate with the players--based on what I have seen.  Today, regardless of what the scoreboard was saying, Pittsburgh was undisciplined and we did not really take the bait.  I have a ton of respect for Tomlin, but like any coach we tend to call "great," you have to watch him without a franchise QB.  He got in a face or two today, which is admirable, but our guys stayed, for the most part, composed.

Does that mean Wilkes should be the next coach?  Nope.  I want to see how we finish.  I am not impressed with some of the defensive mechanics I saw today--bad angles, poor tackling--CB giving too much cushion vs. a #2 wr--no apparent understanding of the situation (Taylor)

Archeletta made a few good points--LBs were hesitating (when was the last time you saw Shaq in the hole making tackles?  he gets his stats 4 yards past the LOS)  Chinn was bad in contain. 

I am also disappointed in our fans--we wont even go to a home game when we have tickets when our team was in the playoff hunt--Pittsburgh fans travel and buy up tickets when their team has the same record--and less of a chance to make the playoffs. 

The Panthers lost cornerback CJ Henderson early in the game to an ankle injury, and the Steelers took advantage.

The passing game Pittsburgh did get from an efficient Mitch Trubisky was largely in the direction of replacement cornerback Keith Taylor Jr..

That was what happened on a pair of third downs late in the fourth quarter when the Steelers were able to effectively ice the game.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

He didn't have to go undefeated. 

He had to win this very winnable game with what he had....at home 

Time to move on 

again..you are basically saying he cant lose a game..that is basically an impossible feat to set on the guy...any big named coach we hire will lose to teams we should beat as well.