• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Push To The Superbowl Panthers Lions GameDay Thread

Catsfan69

3 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

You're deluded if you think we're making the playoffs. And if by miracle we did, we're just going to get our asses kicked in the 1st round. 

Given the Panthers have beaten the Bucs and Saints in the past this year, the playoffs via winning out is a very distinct and not very unlikely possibility.

Now, succeeding in the playoffs is a different story. But deluded in making it, yeah there's a high chance Carolina's in.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

With our running game being as dominate as it has and have a 21 point lead with 6mins remaining … pnting the ball had the lowest possible risk. It wasn’t a bad call as we can tell by the results of the game.

Agreed - "smart decision" I referred to was to punt. I do trust our kicker, but pinning the Lions deep made more sense overall I think.

• Pie 1

Just now, Xtreme said:

You're deluded if you think we're making the playoffs. And if by miracle we did, we're just going to get our asses kicked in the 1st round. 

Right now, we have a decent chance of making the playoffs.  Probably 2 in 5.  Tampa is worse than we are.  Of course, its still Brady, and they may win next week, but I certainly wouldn't say its deluded to think we have a shot.  A good shot.

2 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

The game plan Wilks is using and the strengths of the run blocking OL with the speed pass rushing defense play to the Panthers favor in the NFC.

Only 1 team will be in the Panthers way... the 49ers. That is only due to the CMC trade. If the CMC trade never happened, the Panthers have everything lining up in their favor.

They will likely get destroyed against a few AFC teams in the SB though. But nothing to lose for the Panthers.