• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers potential landing spot for Raiders QB Derek Carr

TheSpecialJuan

There's been an alarming trend for teams moving on from their starting qbs and the new team being very disappointed in what they get. Darnold, Mayfield, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz x2, DeShaun Watson (early returns at least). QBs are too valuable for teams to move on without good reason. That'd be my main concern with Carr. He's objectively at least average as a starter if not better, and should be an upgrade. His contract is overpriced but non-guaranteed, so you could take a flier and cut him if he doesn't live up to it. The problem would be the draft picks to give up. A day 3 pick we got from San Francisco would be worthwhile but I think with enough teams desperate for an upgrade at qb (Jets and Colts at a bare minimum), I suspect the asking price will be too high. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think that the Huddle is capable of assessing Darnold because of our fans have QB Stockholm Syndrome after years of bad QB play.

Darnold is objectively very bad as an NFL QB. He is better than he has been in the past because they literally ask him to do next to nothing. He is also rarely asked to throw deep in this offense. So, wasn't Teddy a WILDLY better QB in that role?

Darnold has very little NFL future in anything other than a 2nd or 3rd QB role.

I'm not stating that Darnold is our future at QB in the least.  The topic is about trading for Derek Carr.  When comparing Sam Darnold against Derek Carr I really don't see why it wouldn't be a better option to sign Sam to a bridge deal instead of overpaying for at best a slight increase in production with Carr.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Did you see my post?

He's not in the building. Not at meetings, practice or lifting sessions. He's cleaned out his locker.

At any job in the world if you go home after a demotion and don't return to work that's quitting. 

Maybe this was answered but a talking head somewhere or the other said he was barred from even calling his coaches so it doesn’t sound like quitting. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Where the hell are you getting this take from??  Is there any other journalist or source that agrees with this or are you just completing pulling it out of thin air??  Of course when it comes to QBs your takes have never been that good anyway so I guess it's par for the course...

It said on ESPN he has left the facility. 

Okay someone is spinning something somewhere.  
I can’t remember the source. I listened to several podcasts and did some reading yesterday or whenever and it didn’t seem important that I document it at the time. 

I guess this is where I say if he quit like that, in a huff or pouting because he was benched, sure. Outta here. It’s just something tells me he isn’t that guy. 

• Pie 1

Carr is on the wrong side of 30 and could be on the decline because In 2022, he completed 60.8% of his passes for 3,522 yards with 24 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

His completion rate is his worse since his rookie season and a steep drop from his 68.4% rate in 2021.

His 14 interceptions are the most in the league through Week 16. He threw three interceptions in the 13-10 loss to the Steelers that all but eliminated them from the postseason.

11 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Really depends on the vet's mom. 

Only way I see it is if the Raiders release him and we could sign him to a short term, reasonable deal.  That reasonable deal isn't happening and Carr doesn't want short term so not going to happen.

Once again, I really don't want Carr on this team.