• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers potential landing spot for Raiders QB Derek Carr

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

lol right? It’s very similar to the Kyle Allen hype we had. Right now Carr is a solid starter in the league and Sam is maybe a solid backup/bridge QB. Maybe Sam can continue his turn around, but Carr has already proven himself.

I disagree with this comparison.  Kyle Allen was a virtual unknown and was able to capitalize primarily because there was very little tape on him.  Also Kyle Allen wasn't a bad player.  It's a shame he got hurt in Washington honestly.  Not saying he would have developed into this amazing QB, but Allen could play a lot better then he was given credit for.  The biggest issue with Allen really was small hands, and so  he fumbled a lot.

Many people have already labeled Darnold and once labeled it's very hard to shake.  Darnold has been good enough to earn the respect of his teammates and his coaches.  He handled a very strange situation very maturely this year.  We have seen Darnold develop, and honestly how can we judge him when Matt Rhule was his coach, the offensive line was abysmal, and the coaches were horrible at game planning with CMC hurt last year.  

Darnold is a known quantity in the NFL unlike Allen, meaning he has years of tape and his game isn't unfamiliar to opponents.  Darnold has gotten better and better and he is starting to turn the corner.  The trade for Darnold when all is said is done may turn out to be a good trade. 

The knock on Darnold has been mental.  "Seeing ghosts" is all people think about Darnold when they cast judgement on him, but he looks like he has sorted that out.  He is playing with some confidence we haven't seen, and for the first time in his career he looks comfortable under pressure and in command. 

Darnold was a high draft pick for a reason, and now he is finally turning into a fully mature player.  If he finishes out 5-1 and gets us into the playoffs why would you not sign him to a bridge deal?

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You not from the country?  Haha.

Car with no brakes....not under control.

You beat someones ass and they are staggering sideways or falling down....not under control.

Yeah my family's been rednecks from Waxhaw since before this country was a thing and I've still never heard that phrase. 

*shrugs* Thanks for the explanation though.

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yeah my family's been rednecks from Waxhaw since before this country was a thing and I've still never heard that phrase. 

Your member-name makes more sense now!  Honest, seemed kind of weird without that context lol

Colonial heritage here as well from Eastern VA.  1720s.   

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Haha.

I think it may have been around the boxing world for a while...not sure where it came from, but I heard it growing up...especially about football and fighting.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Haha.

I think it may have been around the boxing world for a while...not sure where it came from, but I heard it growing up...especially about football and fighting.

Well then it makes more sense why I didn't come across it. Never followed boxing, and didn't really get into football until college, growing up I was all about the hoops, college and NBA.

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Darnold makes over 18M and Carr makes over 17M. Either of them would have to take a huge salary cut to make them real options. Someone mentioned Gardner Minshew who will be a free agent. He is currently making 2.5M. 

Minshew is no better than Sam Darnold. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So you guys want to bring in Carr. What would be the end goal here. He will never get us to the SB and would only make this an average team at best.  I heard the same reasoning with Mayfield.  Stop the madness!

I don't want him...but I bet someone we know does....

• Pie 1

Whatever cheap QB that can hand it off and do some dump off passes id good enough. I don't really care who the vet is, I care how long it takes to get the rookie we draft read to roll. As long as we avoid a massive trade or contract, just make it cheap with a rookie in training.

It's hard to worry about QBs when the HC hire is a much bigger step we have to nail first. 

• Pie 2