• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So the Titans giving up on Malik Willis already?

GoobyPls

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Looks like Willis was 62.4% completion rate in college. I think Bryce Young is in the 65% range and is considered one of the more accurate ones. To me it’s more to do with the system they run in college. Both Corral and Willis ran a RPO which was mostly a one read offense. It’s a big adjustment to go from that to a NFL offense. Bryce Young for example is running a NFL offense where he goes through progressions and makes reads.

Willis struggled with accuracy (61% completion rate, 12.1% off-target rate), INTs (3.5% rate) and sacks (11.3% rate) last season, all of which were worst or second-worst in this class.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think anyone thought he was gonna be ready to play as a rookie.

Bro, were you on this forum pre 2022 draft? (I know you were, I’m being facetious) I caught a lot of flack on here by a few people because I said he was a project at best and didn’t deserve to go in the first round, much less the top 10. Top 10 is for impact starters not multi year projects, that’s for round 3-5

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Bro, were you on this forum pre 2022 draft? (I know you were, I’m being facetious) I caught a lot of flack on here by a few people because I said he was a project at best and didn’t deserve to go in the first round, much less the top 10. Top 10 is for impact starters not multi year projects, that’s for round 3-5

I honestly don't recall many if any clamoring for him to be drafted in the top 10. I wasn't extremely high on him myself but this feels like a lot of revisionist history going on.

• The D 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't recall many if any clamoring for him to be drafted in the top 10. I wasn't extremely high on him myself but this feels like a lot of revisionist history going on.

I’m terrible at the search function here otherwise I’d find it. I remember it mainly because one dude lost his poo on me because I was saying willis was a project at best. Too much listening to WFNZ does that to people tho lol

• Flames 1

56 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’m terrible at the search function here otherwise I’d find it. I remember it mainly because one dude lost his poo on me because I was saying willis was a project at best. Too much listening to WFNZ does that to people tho lol

Just search titles with his name and you will find gems. People thinking he wouldn't be there at 6 (lol) right before his pro day even. Oh huddle gonna huddle.

@LinvilleGorge this jog your memory:

people thinking he was the 2021 fields if he played at OSU. 😉

And that's the civil thread on malik

The Titans have been in a downward trajectory going back to last season and their workhorse RB has been banged up. I'm not surprised Willis is having a hard time working any magic with that team. Most people who saw he had potential knew he would need time. Not surprised certain folks are doing a victory lap. Probably the same lot who are now declaring Darnold a franchise QB after one win against the Lions with an historic rushing total from the backfield.

1 hour ago, chbright said:

Just search titles with his name and you will find gems. People thinking he wouldn't be there at 6 (lol) right before his pro day even. Oh huddle gonna huddle.

@LinvilleGorge this jog your memory:

people thinking he was the 2021 fields if he played at OSU. 😉

And that's the civil thread on malik

There were a few posters that did want him top 10... A few of us thought he seemed raw for that spot but if the scouts were sold on him as a franchise talent then it makes sense to take him. But few of us were as bullish on him as Fields imo, I feel like the board wasnt really sold on any QB last year

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It was a quality post and basically says the same thing I think about Corral. There’s so few guys who become quality starters in the 3rd round+ yet many in this thread expect him to ball out or become our future starter. I’m just being realistic that he’s got very little chance because of the history of 3rd rounders, his drafting by another coach, his lack of flash in preseason and his injuries removing him from a years worth of practice. Russell Wilson was the most recent solid 3rd round QB and he was in the pro bowl in his rookie year.

Hope is fine but I feel like there’s some seriously unrealistic expectations on Corral. It would be a gigantic upset for him to turn into a quality starter base on his career so far. Willis was considered even more of a project and he’s 5 months older than Lawrence. Hard to be that raw with very little high level experience and not be particularly young. Historically, it’s very likely that neither becomes a quality starter. Neither has shown even small glimpses of being a Russel Wilson.

First off, Corral has barely been on an NFL field. Secondly, the kid has overcome significant obstacles in the past. Third, I haven't heard anyone saying Corral is a sure thing, but only that he shouldn't be counted out. Fourth, the wise person realizes that you can't paint QBs with broad brushes based on the round in which they were drafted. Fifth, there appears to be many more counting Corral out than those giving him a chance. Lastly, I'd say Dak is the latest mid round QB who's had some staying power. 

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, you actually can paint most QBs pretty easily based on their first year and round selected. There are rare exceptions but Prescott and Wilson easily won their QB competitions and started their entire rookie year. You can be a Corral fan but he didn’t make an immediate impression over Sam, PJ and Baker and he didn’t look good in preseason. Maybe Cousins is closest but he was behind the number 2 overall pick the same year and he still started a game his rookie year.

The problem is there are dozens of failures and only a few success stories in round 3+ and most successes showed immediately. If Corral had looked like an NFL starter in preseason and then got hurt and IR’d, then I’d give him a small chance. He didn’t so he’s a unicorn if he succeeds now.

A unicorn, huh? Oooookay.

By the way, Prescott didn't really win anything pretty easily; Romo got injured during the preseason and that's what gave Prescott his chance.