• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Jim Harbaugh wants to return to NFL (Athletic)

amcoolio

31 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm done with HCs with defensive mindsets.  Yes, I realize he's an ex-QB, but he coaches like he played LB. Run the ball, clock control and keep the game low scoring.

I done with that poo.

Uh, no. Look at his 49ers teams. The games aren't particularly low scoring at all. 

Don't get college mixed up with the pros, and don't get one team mixed up with another on a case by case and yearly basis. 

Lastly, if you can run a team into submission, that's akin to the holy grail of offense. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're not likely to reach out to anybody until the season is officially over.

Hmm that brings up a question because I really don't know.  Do we have to wait?  For tampering reasons or whatever?  Since Wilks is technically interim head coach are we able to reach out before the season ends without breaking any rules?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're not likely to reach out to anybody until the season is officially over.

Just now, HPPantherzfan said:

Hmm that brings up a question because I really don't know.  Do we have to wait?  For tampering reasons or whatever?  Since Wilks is technically interim head coach are we able to reach out before the season ends without breaking any rules?

We've probably reached out to several people in the back channel ways that always happen this time of year.

5 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

We don't necessarily have to wait, but both Tepper and Fitterer have stated that they would wait out of respect for Steve Wilks.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I'm done with HCs with defensive mindsets.  Yes, I realize he's an ex-QB, but he coaches like he played LB. Run the ball, clock control and keep the game low scoring.

I done with that poo.

He's just like his brother.  Too conservative and cannot win in the playoffs.  But somehow this place is all on board for that. The irony in wanting that from this board is truly comical.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's just like his brother.  Too conservative and cannot win in the playoffs.  But somehow this place is all on board for that. The irony in wanting that from this board is truly comical.

He had a 5-3 playoff record with 3 NFC championship appearances, an NFC title, and a SB appearance in 4 years. His worst NFL regular season record was 8-8. I can understand being skeptical, but no need to make up reasons as to why.

BTW his brother has a SB ring as well.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1