• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

Some you Mfers act like he is your personal closest friend or family member but yet are silent when people are shot everyday in your own neighborhood, town or city. Just stop it. Stop drawing attention to yourself and making it about you. This was a terrible accident. All attention should be paid at making sure he pulls through.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Okay so now that I'm calmed down, let me ask you a question :

Why would I say "F the playoffs" in a situation like this after everything I have posted (like boycotting the stupid sponsors, being annoyed by the fans in the crowd, etc.) that would make you think this was about the rescheduling of the game? 🤔

I couldn't care less about any of that or the playoffs for that matter.

A man is fighting for his life here and that takes Top Priority over any Football-related "concern" such as anything involving the Playoffs.  

Now as far as the first part of your response here....

You responding with "Huh?" without elaborating what you're "Huh"-ing about, was real crappy.

And you have the absolute nerve to tell me to attempt to articulate myself better after you put up THAT reply (huh?)?    How about practicing what you preach, hmm? 🧐

not safe for work no GIF

1. There’s a ton of people that post here and I’m not privy at all to your post history. I’m not familiar with your comments about sponsors and such.

2. Again, I don’t know why you were writing “f the playoffs” and since you didn’t articulate where you were coming from I didn’t feel it necessary to reply with any more effort than you put in. Hence the “huh”. When you quote me to reply and put in 0 effort don’t expect me to put in more in my reply back. 

3. This place has the tinderbox and posters who wish harm on other players ( like the thread about ending Tom Brady’s career ) so rather than just assume one way or the other I asked with a simple “huh?”. 

4. I wasn’t the only person talking the playoffs. And if you look at what you were quoting me to reply to it’s clearly about rescheduling the game. Not just the playoffs. And again, I’m replying to somebody else who was talking about how the NFL will reschedule the game, not just the playoffs. And both myself and that poster were in agreement that they should just cancel the game without rescheduling. 

5. I feel that because you have now taken the time to calm down and still react like this I was more than justified in my replies back to you. 

Im not going to be petty with emojis and gifs and I hope the conversation with you stops here if this is how you normally interact with folks. 

56 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

It’s pretty scary stuff seeing a fella having a hearty on live TV but some of you need to stop attacking each other over poo. A bloke lost his brother in law on here the other day and is showing more poise and composure than a few in here 

Forum posts are always the Wild West during a big event like this. Once people calm down, overreactions cease, more news comes out, etc. things will be back to normal.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

9 minutes without consistent oxygen to the brain is something people don’t easily come back from. Hopefully when they try and wake him up from the medically induced coma there is something left. 

Absolutely brutal. I hope he pulls through. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

it’s funny how so many don’t understand gooddell is literally (and simply) just a puppet. y’all think he’s calling shots lol

he’s there to take the shots, including being fired, it will just be next man up 

This my thought.  Roger Goodell does what the owners want.  Fire him and the next commissioner works for the same owners.  

In baseball,  yes , I know, different sport..   but once the game starts, it's up to the umpires as to whether a game is called , not the commissioner.  I have no idea if the NFL works like that. 

It will be interesting , to see how the NFL spins the scenarios that took place, or all the second hand stories saying the refs told them to get ready to play in 5 min.   

Don't know if it has been mentioned. But something a bit similar happened in a soccer match a year ago with the Danish national team. Christian Eriksen a Danish midfielder (29 years old) all of a sudden collapsed on the pitch. (Not direct / forceful contact with an opponent). He plain an simple had an cardiac arrest and had CPR on the field for many many long minutes.

He has since then had a pacemaker implant and am again playing proff soccer in the UK at a high level for Manchester United. So it is possible for young extermely fit men to have this occurrences either with a undiscovered birth defect in the heart or for other reasons. It has happened quite a few times in sports history. Good thing medics are on site and ready to respond. Better to have it happen there where help is near.

Hope that is something similar and manageable for Hamlin. But doubt he will ever play in the NFL again

I commend the NFL for stopping the game. The international match with Denmark was resumed (should not have been) and Denmark lost as all the team-mates were torn to pieces.

Edited by Memphis

26 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

9 minutes without consistent oxygen to the brain is something people don’t easily come back from. Hopefully when they try and wake him up from the medically induced coma there is something left. 

Absolutely brutal. I hope he pulls through. 

This is what I’m worried about most. It seems we technically didn’t watch a young man die on national television but I’m still concerned about his quality of life after this. 

• Pie 1