• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Schedule Options After Last Night

Sgt Schultz

14 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I think the best way to do it is the 12th or 14th after everyone has played their final week and move everything else back a week, possibly getting rid of the extra week before the Super Bowl if they dont want to move that back. Either that or go to a point system where whoever has the best differential between points scored and points given up through the season gets awarded the win. That way it takes into account the whole team effort that has taken place through out the year.

Not a bad idea.

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Seriously. As if someone thought that was an option 

All the booking that has been done for certain dates. Especially playoffs and most importantly the Super Bowl…

Like you said, they’d cancel that game before ever doing anything like moving things back a week 

playoffs would be easier because it would mostly be local fans for each team, not as many traveling and staying in hotels. Getting rid of the extra week before the SB would keep that date where it is currently.

Hopefully this will make the NFL consider an extra bye week in seasons for anything crazy that happens such as this, but I doubt it. Would be nice though. 

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

playoffs would be easier because it would mostly be local fans for each team, not as many traveling and staying in hotels. Getting rid of the extra week before the SB would keep that date where it is currently.

Hopefully this will make the NFL consider an extra bye week in seasons for anything crazy that happens such as this, but I doubt it. Would be nice though. 

Yeah like would hotels and airlines allow for full refunds due to this? There’s just sooooooo many things that pushing everything back a week would impact. 

Even playing the game tomorrow… to play again Sunday then again the following week (Saturday - Monday) That’s 3 games in 10-12 days with the 3rd game being their playoff game… that’s jeopardizing players bodies big time 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah like would hotels and airlines allow for full refunds due to this? There’s just sooooooo many things that pushing everything back a week would impact. 

Even playing the game tomorrow… to play again Sunday then again the following week (Saturday - Monday) That’s 3 games in 10-12 days with the 3rd game being their playoff game… that’s jeopardizing players bodies big time 

No playoff games have been scheduled and nobody has bought tickets or booked rooms.

And any team that played on a Thursday played 3 games in 11 days.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

No playoff games have been scheduled and nobody has bought tickets or booked rooms.

And any team that played on a Thursday played 3 games in 11 days.

Yeah so I guess they could play tomorrow then but that ain’t happening 

3 games in 11 days is wild to me still

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah so I guess they could play tomorrow then but that ain’t happening 

3 games in 11 days is wild to me still

This is absolutely the right move by the NFL.  There's still time to get this game in at a later date, they don't need to make a huge shift yet, they just need to consider contingencies but not take the focus away from the players & coaches that need time to process what happened. That was extremely traumatic and trying to force them to play tonight/tomorrow would have been a huge mistake.

• Beer 3

If the players, coaches, and fans honestly feel that a man's health is more important than seeding ... then the obvious call would be to cancel the game and let KC get the #1 seed. Wherever the Bengals and Bills wind up in the Playoffs wouldn't matter. When your next game is up, you go play. And the Bills will play it for their guy.

But if you just have to get it in, and can somehow manage the insanity of game times being changed, the good thing is that there is a week of nothing before the SB. I can't stand that week.

• Beer 1

I would honestly cancel next weeks games.

Kansas city 1

Buffalo 2

Cinncy 3

Jaguars 4

Baltimore 5

Chargers 6

Pats 7 based on season point differentials 

Then same scenario in nfc. If anything is tied base it on pt differentials.  It will suck for some teams that still had a chance but none of them will probably be in a mental state to play this week especially teams that are already eliminated. I would push the playoffs back a week as well.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If the players, coaches, and fans honestly feel that a man's health is more important than seeding ... then the obvious call would be to cancel the game and let KC get the #1 seed. Wherever the Bengals and Bills wind up in the Playoffs wouldn't matter. When your next game is up, you go play. And the Bills will play it for their guy.

But if you just have to get it in, and can somehow manage the insanity of game times being changed, the good thing is that there is a week of nothing before the SB. I can't stand that week.

The NFL made the right call because none of us need to worry about how this game will impact seeding... it's possible it won't even matter, too.  There's time before the playoffs and what is important right now is that the focus be on player health (and frankly coach health) right now.  Hopefully, we receive good news soon on Hamlin. And while they aren't by any means more important than him, we also need to consider the health of the players involved. That was a traumatic event.