• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9th pick set in stone

t96

Just now, Varking said:

They aren’t drafting a QB and they aren’t trading away Fields. Stop. They are trading back or taking defensive help. 

We will see. The temptation to take the shiny new car is hard to pass on. Fields is not even close to being franchise changing. That’s is why a Chicago is picking #1.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

We will see. The temptation to take the shiny new car is hard to pass on. Fields is not even close to being franchise changing. That’s is why a Chicago is picking #1.

If they draft a QB I’ll delete my forum account. If they don’t, delete yours. 

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

That game only cost us 1 spot. Glad we won. Give me the wr from tcu or the highest rated cb

Yup, I'm wanting to see Johnston against that Georgia defense.  If he shows out tomorrow night, he should be the picks if still on the board.  As much as I want Mayer, it was PAINFULLY obvious today we need to seriously upgrade our WR room.  I lost count of how many times today the commentators said nobody was open for the Panthers.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd call the Bears about #2 but I expect the price to be STEEP. You can only make that trade if you're willing to bet your career on that guy being a future HOFer.

I'm for rolling the dice on Anthony Richardson at #9. Yeah, he's boom or bust. So sign Darnold as the backup so you don't have to play him until he's ready. Then you roll him out there and see if he booms or busts. If it's the latter, go get Drake Maye.

I'm thinking Arizona at 4. Houston takes Young or Stroud, we trade up and get the other at 4. Will cost roughly the equivalent of what we got for McCaffrey, which ain't too steep of a price IMO.

If top half of the draft goes QB crazy, there is going to be some excellent talent that could fall to us. I’d jump out of my chair if Paris Johnson, Tyree Wilson or Quentin Johnson fell to us. I’d much rather continue to build the lines and hell I’d be fine with picking a shutdown corner in the first (Gonzalez or Porter Jr.). We have a well built team, but we’re getting thin on the lines and if we can add some freaks to either side of the lines we’ll be set up very well for the next three years. Give Darnold time and we can win. Let’s not give up the franchise for some decent QBs in the draft when there is so much dynamic talent on the lines in this draft.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, t96 said:

I'm thinking Arizona at 4. Houston takes Young or Stroud, we trade up and get the other at 4. Will cost roughly the equivalent of what we got for McCaffrey, which ain't too steep of a price IMO.

You have to hope Arizona is willing to move AND nobody else offers them more. 

• Beer 1