• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

My preference at this point:

Steichen

Dorsey

Ryans (they said both parties may "circle back" later in the process)

Kafka

Wilks

Reich (because I think we could get him as OC if Wilks retained)

Broncos DC

Caldwell

Payton (If rumored 2 1sts from Panthers is true. If only one future 1st or less, he rises to top 2)

***My top 4 are close to interchangeable. A lot of potential and unknown with each of them. Similar candidates with differing approaches. Hopeful we choose the right one.

Edited by ECHornet

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

He has interviews scheduled with 2 teams this weekend.  Not with the Panthers.

I think Ryans is giving Carolina the stiff arm. He's somehow managed to schedule interviews with the other 4 vacancies today through Saturday but couldn't find a time to interview with the Panthers?

Just now, ladypanther said:

Is there word on how any of these interviews have gone so far?

All I've seen is that Reich impressed via Sheena Quick.

No word on how Steichen was received via vid conference, but I think we're following up with an in-person for him if I recall.  Didn't hear anything on Caldwell (wouldn't put too much stock in that) or Evero.  

Kafka's interview on Sunday may be once they're officially out of contention (or) it could be pushed if they win.  If the latter is the case, Steichen could get flown in sooner than expected.  If the former is and it goes well, we could hear news early next week.  

I wouldn’t read much into the “2 firsts” for SP. That’s their initial asking price, which is intentionally inflated from what the likely final price will be. It’s conceivable we give up 9th overall though, which I am not a fan of

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think Ryans is giving Carolina the stiff arm. He's somehow managed to schedule interviews with the other 4 vacancies today through Saturday but couldn't find a time to interview with the Panthers?

I think it was said to be a more logistical issue last week. Plus, he probably sees that a primary focus is on offensive guys. 

• Beer 1