• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Anyone know the rules in regards to a second interview with Steichen this week and/or weeks leading into the SB if they make it?

He's really the only realistic candidate left that I actually want (my top 3 was Harbaugh, Ryans, or Quinn with a second level down of Johnson and Steichen), so I'm really hoping we're allowed to do a second with him sooner than later as I get the feeling Tepper isn't going to want to sit around and wait 3 more weeks to make a hire (or at least have an agreement in place that could be announced once the SB is over if they make it).

Anyone still coaching cannot interview again until 1/30.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Anyone still coaching cannot interview again until 1/30.

ugh that sucks, hopefully Tepper doesn't get antsy and do something stupid before then.

We're easily the best opening out there (could see some arguments for the Broncos, but choosing to go coach in a division with Mahomes and Herbert over the garbage QB's in the South would be awful), Tepper has deep pockets, if he wants Steichen, he should be able to land him, just wait on him.

Although I'd still more be okay with Payton if, and ONLY, if it leads to Gronkowski being a Panther, which I actually think could happen if Payton comes here as Brady would seem too logical for all parties at that point.  That's actually my first option given my Gronkowski fandom, but since that is too many dominoes and too much time to make me happy after the hiring, I'd rather just get Steichen and be happy from day 1.

• Pie 1

Also guess this means regardless of who wins/loses the NFC championship game it would both help and hurt us this offseason.

Niners win and it hurts our draft picks a bit but we get to try and move on Steichen faster.

Eagles win and it helps our draft picks a bit but we can't hire Steichen faster.

• Pie 4

27 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

I don’t see the 49ers beating the Eagles. 

Gonna come down to who makes more big plays. Make no mistake niners defense will give eagles fits but eagles are just the more complete team... they will ultimately be too much for niners in my opinion. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Malt Liquor said:

I don’t see the 49ers beating the Eagles. 

The Eagles offense struggles against good defenses and they are lucky to put up 20 points and 20 first downs against a top defense. The 49ers will be the best defense they have faced all year. The Eagles defense has allowed offenses like the 49ers to put up 30+ points on them multiple times. The 49ers have put up 30+ points in 5 of Purdy's games (including a defense on par with the Eagles defense) and they went with a ball control game plan against the Cowboys.

The coaching favors the 49ers.

The Eagles defense has struggled with WRs on crossing routes, TEs who can stretch the seam, and RBs who can catch out of the backfield. They are going to struggle to stop Kittle and CMC. The Eagles LBs and safeties allow 70% receptions.

It will be interesting, but it appears the Eagles are outmatched in coaching, on offense, on defense, and in playoff experience.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Does anyone remember, was Rhule the last person they interviewed last time? 

Yeah I think so. Cause remember the stories they like wouldn’t even leave his house without a yes? Wild that one was over like 5 days after the season. We’re in the third week of this search and still don’t really have a clue.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Also guess this means regardless of who wins/loses the NFC championship game it would both help and hurt us this offseason.

Niners win and it hurts our draft picks a bit but we get to try and move on Steichen faster.

Eagles win and it helps our draft picks a bit but we can't hire Steichen faster.

We could still interview Steichen and agree on terms of a contract, which would effectively end our search. 

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

The Eagles offense struggles against good defenses and they are lucky to put up 20 points and 20 first downs against a top defense. The 49ers will be the best defense they have faced all year. The Eagles defense has allowed offenses like the 49ers to put up 30+ points on them multiple times. The 49ers have put up 30+ points in 5 of Purdy's games (including a defense on par with the Eagles defense) and they went with a ball control game plan against the Cowboys.

The coaching favors the 49ers.

The Eagles defense has struggled with WRs on crossing routes, TEs who can stretch the seam, and RBs who can catch out of the backfield. They are going to struggle to stop Kittle and CMC. The Eagles LBs and safeties allow 70% receptions.

It will be interesting, but it appears the Eagles are outmatched in coaching, on offense, on defense, and in playoff experience.

Why do you make things up? Like seriously? Do you get off on it? 

eagles only scored under 20 points once this year with Hurts at QB.  That was against the colts. 

out of their 17 games .. only 4 teams scored over 30pts against the Eagles, two of them being division opponents. Commands and Cowboys (the game hurts got hurt).  The other two teams that scored 30pts on the Eagles were the Lions in the first game of the year and the packers. The Packers game has a garbage time TD to put them over the 30 pt mark.

the commanders, lions, cowboys, and packers ALL run different offenses than each other, let alone the 49ers. 

The Eagles are statistically one of the best at covering the TE in the NFL. 

• Pie 4

9 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think a team can unofficially hire a HC. Because I remember Shanahan being announced for the 49ers job before the Falcons played in the Super Bowl. Also the commentators kept bringing it up during the game. 

39 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why do you make things up? Like seriously? Do you get off on it? 

eagles only scored under 20 points once this year with Hurts at QB.  That was against the colts. 

out of their 17 games .. only 4 teams scored over 30pts against the Eagles, two of them being division opponents. Commands and Cowboys (the game hurts got hurt).  The other two teams that scored 30pts on the Eagles were the Lions in the first game of the year and the packers. The Packers game has a garbage time TD to put them over the 30 pt mark.

the commanders, lions, cowboys, and packers ALL run different offenses than each other, let alone the 49ers. 

The Eagles are statistically one of the best at covering the TE in the NFL. 

Not to mention the Commanders only hit the 30 point mark because of a return of a fumbled lateral with 5 seconds left when the Eagles were down 26-21.

• Pie 1