• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

lol the fact that he puts it in parenthesis counters his own point

It was unimportant. They couldn’t win any grudge match or meaningful game they played. They lost every time. They padded with their record against patsies and never came through when it counted.

• Pie 6

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

It was unimportant. They couldn’t win any grudge match or meaningful game they played. They lost every time. They padded with their record against patsies and never came through when it counted.

Yep and by winning over the locker room he means allowing vets to get extensions they haven’t earned while having no real expectations of playing meaningful ball. The locker room needs to worry about winning over the new HC. Not the other way around. 

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

Seattle didn’t count ?
Detroit didn’t count ?

Tampa didn’t count ?

I get you don’t like Wilks and that’s ok but give him his due. The previous coach had a $64 million contract and left a trail of poo miles long 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That is true. If Wilks has not done enough to get a fair shot here after what he's been able to do for this organization I doubt he will get one anywhere. I've always been a pretty staunch critic of Wilks defensive approach.  So I have mixed feelings about him as head coach. But I do not own the team. If I did I would give him a shot on morality alone. I would not give 2 $hits what the fans think. This entire situation just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Pie 2

I’m over “caring” about the HC feel good stories. Heck I’m sick of moral wins. I want this team to put winning first above everything else! I get the feel goods, but it feels better to beat the other team by 40 & then put your foot on their throats and punch them in their face one more time!! I want to have a HC & team mindset that is we plan to beat you even when you’re down! Who is THAT HC?? 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Former Broncos coach Vic Fangio could be in play as a defensive boss if Johnson is the choice as a potential successor to the fired Lovie Smith.

I’m not sure what the connection is but yes please.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That is true. If Wilks has not done enough to get a fair shot here after what he's been able to do for this organization I doubt he will get one anywhere. I've always been a pretty staunch critic of Wilks defensive approach.  So I have mixed feelings about him as head coach. But I do not own the team. If I did I would give him a shot on morality alone. I would not give 2 $hits what the fans think. This entire situation just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

It would stink to have to cut Wilks loose. I am very torn. I could be convinced to keep Wilks and pair him with stud coordinators. However, the thought of a fresh offensively-minded HC is exciting. 

• Pie 2